Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarGuru's Offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a new PMY yesterday and I have been reading about how used car values are through the roof. So I wanted to know what our 2020 LR AWD Y is worth, so I randomly chose CarGuru's. Here's the quote I just received:
sPGf8ho.png

I paid $52,190 for our car back in July 2020 after the $3K price reduction. My new PMY is $69,440

I wish I had a second vehicle to grab this offer today, but it does shed more light on the value of my car going forward. I can sleep better.

Thought folks would find this helpful.

I just ordered a new PMY yesterday and I have been reading about how used car values are through the roof. So I wanted to know what our 2020 LR AWD Y is worth, so I randomly chose CarGuru's. Here's the quote I just received:
sPGf8ho.png

I paid $52,190 for our car back in July 2020 after the $3K price reduction. My new PMY is $69,440

I wish I had a second vehicle to grab this offer today, but it does shed more light on the value of my car going forward. I can sleep better.

Thought folks would find this helpful.
SWEET!! Just an FYI, when I checked prices on Trade ins, Car Buyer's USA was highest and more than CarGurus. they came in sort of the lower middle. Wasn't a Tesla though.

They didn’t offer me enough, Tesla won out. Tesla offered $19k, CBUSA offered $20,150. Tax savings going with Tesla is 7%, so stuck with Tesla. Just waiting for them to update MPVA.

@TomServo guess what? Great news for ya, as of Jan 1, 2022 that is no longer the case and you can get full trade in allowance.

HOLY COW, this is the first I have heard of this.....thanks for sharing this info. I have several friends with tesla's on order that will benefit from this. Again thank you. Cheers

Did you know about the $4000 EV rebate for Illinois that goes into effect July 1?
Yes and thanks for mentioning it.

My neighbor who ordered his LR AWD last Oct (with an EDD of Aug - Oct) was just notified his EDD has been changed to 27 May - 8 June. After taking to a rep at the Bloomington Store he was told he can REFUSE a delivery once but he'll have to accept the next one offered, so there is no guarantee that would push his delivery into July. He's pissed.

Reactions: SWIPE and BGOwner
Can I ask what you were expecting? I got a $50K offer for my 21 M3 SR+ with 10.5k miles today, compared to $43K for Carvana.

I got an offer of $47k from Electro. CarMax (in person a couple months ago) was ~$42, Tesla (a couple months ago was $45.9), now $42.9, GTMV was $42,665 - $44,672. Obviously no regard for my FSD, acceleration boost or aftermarket options like power trunk/frunk and wheels.

I got an offer of $47k from Electro. CarMax (in person a couple months ago) was ~$42, Tesla (a couple months ago was $45.9), now $42.9, GMTV was $42,665 - $44,672. Obviously no regard for my FSD, acceleration boost or aftermarket options like power trunk/frunk and wheels.

Update: Got a call from GetMeTheVin and was asked why I was requesting $47k for my M3. I told him I had an offer from Electro for $47k. He looked over the pictures and offered me $47,500 (but the offer is only good for 12 hours). We'll follow up closer to my delivery. He says the market changes week to week.

My MYP appointment is Sunday. I'm trading a 2020 MYLR with 19k miles. Blue with black interior (same as the new one). Got prices from Carvana (59.6). Carmax (61.0), webuyanycar (60.0), Cargurus (62.1), and Tesla (57.1). The Tesla trade-in means $3,300 sales tax savings so that brings it to 60.4. I'm doing the trade-in as it avoids a short term loan and later title changes. The MYLR is in excellent condition and has been a wonderful car. I'm only replacing it because it isn't going to cost much. It's pretty nice to buy a car, drive it for two years, and then get more than you paid for it. The only service expense has been a tire rotation at 16,000 miles. Energy costs have been a little over $600 for 19,200 miles. This one will get a front end PPF and full car ceramic coating. I wish we had a local Tesla club where we could periodically get together and probably get some great information and suggestions.

Reactions: yellowr6