TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Carina's Tesla-tray for the shelf under the screen!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Tech_Guy, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

#1 Tech_Guy, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    CARINA'S SITE
    I first found out about this product from Bjørn Nyland video which I've linked below and I immediately placed an order.

Every tray is hand made by Carina in Norway to perfectly fit the shelf and not fly out, even in Ludicrous Mode it stays put. Its a very high quality product and can be ordered in your preference of materials and colors.

Skip to 2 minutes and 49 seconds for Carinas tray...

Love my Carina Tray so much I ordered a 2nd one as a gift... I helped create 2 new products on her page the first by ordering the first mulitcolor full alcantara tray, its alcantara outside with a red alcantara interior as well... its called the Premium Alcantara Tray Red with Red Tab
    [​IMG]

and second new product, the first tray with blue alcantara interior she's made. I gave this as a gift for a friend with a blue car.... heres a shot of the material on a blue car
    [​IMG]
    and pictures of the first blue tray made :cool:
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  2. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

Looks great. I remember she was massively sold out a while ago. Needs to raise the price!

3. Tech_Guy

Yes I was part of that initial 100+ order surge and had to wait for mine to arrive, she quoted me a production date in an email and did ship a full month earlier then she quoted!! My second order was delivered in under a month...

• Like x 1
  4. norm

norm Vendor

are the bottoms covered with material as well ??

5. Tech_Guy

Yes the same outside material covers the bottom as well.

6. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

$175 for a tray. Pretty hefty price.

7. liuping

liuping Active Member

The black "leather"/black Alcantara one is $151, including international shipping.

The all black Alcantara version is $121 including shipping.

It's still less expensive than the cheap feeling plastic one from EvAnnex.

8. Tech_Guy

#8 Tech_Guy, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    I feel they are fairly priced for the high quality materials and the workmanship. Id also like to point out again these are handmade products not made in a factory like the plastic trays on the market. Each trays materials are cut and then stitched together to your order specifications. It's a very high quality piece to hold in your hand or touch in your car vs the plastic trays. Even when sliding it in or out it has a quality feel and sound vs the plastic tray and the noise that they make (watch Bjorn's video @4:30 for an example of this) Each handmade tray is also serialized with number on the outside back.

9. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Bjorn's midas touch.........the price has effectively doubled since the video.

• Like x 1
  10. norm

norm Vendor

You are so right. I picked up my 75D about 10 days ago and have be working on some reasonable priced items. First I had to make a tool to remove the front plate bolts, then had to make a adapter to hold my iPhone 6+ , as I have a thin case and it will not fit into the supplied supports & my wife has a iPhone 6 which is different size. Then after finding out about the shelf under the 17" screen ( which I did not know was there until reading posts about the cubby tray) sure enough, when I took delivery, there it was. Looking at what is available, I decide to make my own, I have done 3 prototypes that look good and would cost less that 50% of what is available and still be hand made. I am currently working design changes and sourcing material. When I have a completed unit I will post some photos for comments.

• Like x 3
  11. ecobon

ecobon Member

Can these be laser scanned and 3D printed afterwards? Maybe leaving about 0.5mm for a leather or synthetic covering?

• Love x 1
  12. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I ordered one of these a week ago or so. Got a reply that said it should be ready by February / March next year. About the same as ordering a new Tesla!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

14. sdorn

That's the same drawer for sale on EV Everything. Their cover page says it is only $39, but when you click through to the product it says $149. A little bait and switch for you. Also doesn't list P100D as being compatible, but don't see why it would be any different from any other current model.

15. Tech_Guy

#15 Tech_Guy, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    A P100D deserves a luxurious handmade tray to match your interior IMO vs a plastic one :rolleyes:

"The black "leather"/black Alcantara one is $151, including international shipping.
    The all black Alcantara version is $121 including shipping."

16. ecobon

ecobon Member

Hand laid carbon fiber insert/sleeve and tray with spring lock mechanism is what we deserve for $150+.

What we have today is simple and easy and not luxurious. Nothing about these cars are simple and easy. Just look at the glove compartment/cubby.

Nothing wrong with simple. As long as it's $19.95.

• Like x 1
  17. sdorn

Yes, that is why I ordered the hand made version from Carina. I just have to wait until February / March for it to arrive.

18. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Just ordered one of these today, in the queue for mid march for it to be made.

19. Razam101

Razam101 Member

I just ordered one, black leather with black alcantara interior. Total with shipping right under $160. No word on when it will be delivered. I did as much research as I could on this before buying and I think this is the best one out there that doesn't look or feel cheap. I think it will compliment the black leather dash as well (which is really why I chose it). $160 seems pricey but honestly nothing in this category that I could find was significantly less than that. Looking forward to receiving it.

Let me know when you receive yours (and what your thoughts are) please, it will give me a gauge on when I should get mine.

20. Tech_Guy

When I ordered mine Carina emailed me with an estimated delivery time.. if you don't hear from her in a few days you might try sending her a message on Facebook she usually responds in minutes or next day if its night time there...