Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carina's Tesla-tray for the shelf under the screen!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing came to mind on this and might night some innovation thinking. Is how can the tray safely be pulled out w/o falling out. Maybe brackets on both side or a spring system on the back to keep in place or maybe have a magnetic base at the bottom back to keep it from tilting. That is one thing I notice that could be an issue for people while driving and pulling the tray out.
You could fix that. Just copy the guys at www.evampedup.com They came up with a great solution for this problem.

• Love
Reactions: Natalie 1
One thing came to mind on this and might night some innovation thinking. Is how can the tray safely be pulled out w/o falling out. Maybe brackets on both side or a spring system on the back to keep in place or maybe have a magnetic base at the bottom back to keep it from tilting. That is one thing I notice that could be an issue for people while driving and pulling the tray out.
Its really no issue at all, you generally never pull the whole thing out so its really not falling out

Reactions: Reekdog
Are these made of cardboard bases wrapped with vinyl?

Yes, my Teslatrays are made with a strong 3mm corrugated cardboard inner skeleton and wrapped with synthetic leather or Alcantara. The fabric is sewn together.

Corrugated cardboard is light, strong, sturdy and flexible. The flex is crucial for it to stay in place with friction only. The cardboard cutouts stores flat until I need them, this is important as the finished trays don't stack well (see image). I make them at home so space matters.

I also don't want to add more plastic to the world.

Vendor - Carina's Teslatray for S/X

Attachments

• 20190126_231654.jpg
    20190126_231654.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 71
Yes, my Teslatrays are made with a strong 3mm corrugated cardboard inner skeleton and wrapped with synthetic leather or Alcantara. The fabric is sewn together.

Corrugated cardboard is light, strong, sturdy and flexible. The flex is crucial for it to stay in place with friction only. The cardboard cutouts stores flat until I need them, this is important as the finished trays don't stack well (see image). I make them at home so space matters.

I also don't want to add more plastic to the world.

Vendor - Carina's Teslatray for S/X
Carina's trays are great! I've had a custom Gray leather w/ Black Alcantara lining version in my 90D MS for 2 years with no problems at all. You can see it below along with the factory CarbonFiber console lid I added. It matches perfectly with my now discontinued gray interior :)
new-lid-changeout2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: carinalarsen76
I remember well making the custom grey tray

It's possible to order this or other custom variants as an "Custom Premium tray - mix"

Specifications of @Reekdog 's tray:
* Outside - Grey synthetic leather
* Inside - black Alcantara
* Tab - black synthetic leather

The customers deside and I'm happy to create custom variants

Contrast tab can be added with no extra cost on all tray variants.

January sale now.
Use promo code TMC10 for 10% off when ordering.

Attachments

• 20180722_002100.jpg
    20180722_002100.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Love
I remember well making the custom grey tray

It's possible to order this or other custom variants as an "Custom Premium tray - mix"

Specifications of @Reekdog 's tray:
* Outside - Grey synthetic leather
* Inside - black Alcantara
* Tab - black synthetic leather

The customers deside and I'm happy to create custom variants

Contrast tab can be added with no extra cost on all tray variants.

January sale now.
Use promo code TMC10 for 10% off when ordering.
Thanks Carina

• Love
Reactions: carinalarsen76