Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caring for leather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first car to have leather (if you are going to go big go all the way right?).

It is now about a year old and I would like to keep the leather looking as good as possible. Can anyone recommend some products to help moisturize/condition/protect the leather? Also how often should it be done?

I've read a few things off Google but would love to hear it from other Tesla owners and no just restoration buffs (as 99% of the posts say "due to the type of your leather, your experience may vary"

Meguiar's Detailer All Purpose Cleaner, D10101, which I bought as a gallon concentrate, has worked great for me. I use it diluted 1:10 to directly spray on my leather seats which had developed a blue jean "patina" and I rubbed with a clean microfiber cloth, and it works fantastically for me. I read about this on a detailer's forum. I use the same product 1:4 as my wheel cleaner and on my weather tech floor mats. In 1.5 years, I've yet to put a conditioner on my leather and the seats remain soft and like new.
I have the tan, Next Gen seats. I can't say whether that makes a difference in results. I have used the same product on my Malibu leather seats with excellent results there, as well.
And, FWIW, my wife now loves it for an all purpose household cleaner. We used it to degrease the range hood with great results.

Reactions: Reekdog
Meguiar's Detailer All Purpose Cleaner, D10101, which I bought as a gallon concentrate, has worked great for me. I use it diluted 1:10 to directly spray on my leather seats which had developed a blue jean "patina" and I rubbed with a clean microfiber cloth, and it works fantastically for me. I read about this on a detailer's forum. I use the same product 1:4 as my wheel cleaner and on my weather tech floor mats. In 1.5 years, I've yet to put a conditioner on my leather and the seats remain soft and like new.
I have the tan, Next Gen seats. I can't say whether that makes a difference in results. I have used the same product on my Malibu leather seats with excellent results there, as well.
And, FWIW, my wife now loves it for an all purpose household cleaner. We used it to degrease the range hood with great results.
I use it as well followed by wiping with a microfiber cloth dampened with MEGUIAR'S xpress wax