Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carmax 2020 M3 SR+ 31K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at and will be test driving a 2020 M3 from CarMax tonight. Was just wondering in everyone else's expertise if the 2020 is a decent version of the car or should I try to just opt for a new one for about 5K more and get all the cool new stuff they changed in 2 years?

CarMax has a $43K price tag on it and I know they wont budge. The only upgrade I could see on it is its blue, but other than that its a base model.

This will be my first Tesla test drive and am looking at this and/or a Y as well. They dont have a Y though.

Thanks for any help advice on this!

James

Do you have to buy a car right now? If you can wait, buy it new for $46k and based on your location, you may qualify for some State incentives. Looks like you'll have to wait until August right now. But I would much rather have a new car for $3k more (and most likely less with rebates) than paying that for a used car from CarMax with who knows what it has been gone through.

Upvote 0
I am looking at and will be test driving a 2020 M3 from CarMax tonight. Was just wondering in everyone else's expertise if the 2020 is a decent version of the car or should I try to just opt for a new one for about 5K more and get all the cool new stuff they changed in 2 years?

CarMax has a $43K price tag on it and I know they wont budge. The only upgrade I could see on it is its blue, but other than that its a base model.

This will be my first Tesla test drive and am looking at this and/or a Y as well. They dont have a Y though.

Thanks for any help advice on this!

James
I would also advise you to wait. I have an early 2021 and I have the upgraded headlights and double pane windows but I would say that the consensus is that the more you wait the better it is. For instance ordering new would guarantee you the updated AMD processor and all of the other goodies that I mentioned. Perhaps even a lower rate if you decide to finance.

Upvote 0