Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarMax Now Selling Tesla's (again)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited our local CarMax in CA over the weekend and asked the manager about what happened to them selling Tesla's. The story I got was there was an issue between Tesla and CarMax and they were not allowed to sell any Tesla cars that were traded in and they went straight to auction. In the past week or two this has been sorted out and CarMax is now selling Tesla's when they are traded in but they must stay at that location and can't be moved to other CarMax locations. Also they will only be selling customer trade ins and not buy Tesla's from auctions. I searched today and a few came up so I can verify this is true. So if anyone is looking for a used Tesla you can now start looking at CarMax. They have had some really good deals in the past and I think part of that is they don't consider FSD as a 10K option on the car. This also applies when you are trading in your Tesla they don't really consider that and that is why they don't pay top dollar for Tesla's. Happy Tesla hunting!!

They have had some really good deals in the past and I think part of that is they don't consider FSD as a 10K option on the car. This also applies when you are trading in your Tesla they don't really consider that and that is why they don't pay top dollar for Tesla's. Happy Tesla hunting!!
No one is going to take a used Tesla with a $10K premium, or anywhere remotely close to that amount, for FSD. Private or not.

No one is going to take a used Tesla with a $10K premium, or anywhere remotely close to that amount, for FSD. Private or not.
Of course they are! Tesla is doing it on their website. Have a look at their higher mileage used cars. If the car is close to 50K miles they add FSD to the car to bring up the brice because they know people will pay more and they are not getting much of a warranty. Also I have seen private party ads that are high but they have FSD and know what it is worth. Look it may not be 10K higher but cars with FSD are selling for a higher amount.