Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carolina Federal Credit Unit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got financing at 2.25% for 84 months. They don't finance taxes but everything else was covered. Very pleasant people to work with and got it done quickly and wired directly to Tesla.

CCFCU also allows loan payment by credit card. They don't charge any fees for that. I haven't tried it yet but if the charge doesn't go through as Cash Advance on the CC, then I'll get that 2.25% back as CC rewards. I'll follow up after my first payment.

The only downside is they are a bit old-school and you need to fill out a paper application, which they'll mail you. But for those terms, I'll do that any day.

Just got financing at 2.25% for 84 months. They don't finance taxes but everything else was covered. Very pleasant people to work with and got it done quickly and wired directly to Tesla.

CCFCU also allows loan payment by credit card. They don't charge any fees for that. I haven't tried it yet but if the charge doesn't go through as Cash Advance on the CC, then I'll get that 2.25% back as CC rewards. I'll follow up after my first payment.

The only downside is they are a bit old-school and you need to fill out a paper application, which they'll mail you. But for those terms, I'll do that any day.
Any down payment?

Lowest I see on their website is 3.75. What is the website you have for them? 2.25 for 84 mo is the lowest I have ever seen. SECU had 2.49 for 84mo but very few borrowers will qualify for that rate. Requires high scores and low DTI. That was back in April so the rates are of course higher now.

Is a referral needed or can I just call?

Any down payment?
Just had to pay the taxes. That wasn't covered by the loan. The rest was financed.

Lowest I see on their website is 3.75. What is the website you have for them? 2.25 for 84 mo is the lowest I have ever seen. SECU had 2.49 for 84mo but very few borrowers will qualify for that rate. Requires high scores and low DTI. That was back in April so the rates are of course higher now.
Sorry, I realized the name of the credit union is actually Carolina Cooperative FCU (Loan Rates — Carolina Cooperative FCU).

Is a referral needed or can I just call?
Just call. You can join the CCFCU by joining NC Consumer Council first ($25)

Last edited:
Reactions: 240vPlug