Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CarOS and Teslamirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past few days I have been experimenting with two apps. One being Teslamirror and the other CarOS.

CarOS gives you a CarPlay lookalike app with the usual phone messages music maps etc on your iphone. To be 100% honest, the free version is not usable but a one month subscription is under $5.00.

If you run the Teslamirror app and then startup CarOS after following the real simple on screen instructions, you end up with what looks like and operates like Apple Carplay on the big screen. It is not perfect just yet but it does work well.

The CarOS app does not need to be connected by wires etc as it is a software solution. The app works on my kids bicycle for just about everything! My daughter used it while walking to school the other day.

The apps are in the Apple App Store. The CarOS company is working on an update as well so I can hardly wait try it out.

One thing that would be very nice would be if someone can write a Apple Shortcut or similar to launch the apps and turn on the hotspot with one push of the button.

Reactions: BMW740iL
Thanks for pointing out using CarOS on Teslamirror. I am using Waze now on Teslamirror and was also looking into a shortcut script for the actions needed to get my phone prepared for mirroring. I left a question also with the teslamirror developer but have received any reply yet

Over the past few days I have been experimenting with two apps. One being Teslamirror and the other CarOS.

CarOS gives you a CarPlay lookalike app with the usual phone messages music maps etc on your iphone. To be 100% honest, the free version is not usable but a one month subscription is under $5.00.

If you run the Teslamirror app and then startup CarOS after following the real simple on screen instructions, you end up with what looks like and operates like Apple Carplay on the big screen. It is not perfect just yet but it does work well.

The CarOS app does not need to be connected by wires etc as it is a software solution. The app works on my kids bicycle for just about everything! My daughter used it while walking to school the other day.

The apps are in the Apple App Store. The CarOS company is working on an update as well so I can hardly wait try it out.

One thing that would be very nice would be if someone can write a Apple Shortcut or similar to launch the apps and turn on the hotspot with one push of the button.
When I have my car updated to 2021.24 with Wifi hotspot improvement I will try to write an Apple shortcut for Teslamirror