TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Carpet Art from Service Center

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mknox, Jul 30, 2014.

1. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

So I had my car in for service yesterday and as usual, the Tesla Service Center cleaned the car inside and out. I found this little surprise in the trunk. They vacuumed the Tesla logo into the carpet! Made me think of that latte art you see at some coffee houses.
    7-30-2014 8-59-35 AM.jpg

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Sweet!

3. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Scottsdale service is doing that now too... Nice touch (although Scottsdale only did one logo...)

4. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Nice attention to detail. Reminds me of visiting various upscale hotels to see what new way they've invented to fold the toilet paper over, or 'dress' the ashtrays by the elevators.

5. Majerus

Majerus Member

Saint Louis service center is doing this as well, adds a nice touch..

6. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Those are so precise.... must be using a template!

Hmm.... woodworking project for the weekend??

7. Vip

Vip Member

It is a template. You can see the square area around the logo.
    Very cool though.

8. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Needs to be permanently imprinted, thats awesome.

9. trigga71

trigga71 Member

Definitely a templet but adds a nice touch that they take the time. Is the handle over the storage compartment custom?

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

No that is an early version of the footwell cover. It is made of much less stiff material than the new hard plastic ones, even though the handle is a little bit easier to use.

11. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Selfishly, I'm glad they switched, then. That early handle wouldn't be accessible with the trunk liner in place, where the current one is.

12. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

Yes, it's a template. Here's a shot of Tesla Service hard at work behind the scenes.

Instagram

13. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yep, it's the original flimsy cover. I keep forgetting to ask if they'll provide me with a newer one, but it's pretty low on my list of "must haves". They did provide me with a set of the new and improved cabin floor mats, but I'd already bought myself a set of Lloyd's mats.

14. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#14 dsm363, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Carpet Art

They gave me the new plastic reinforced one when I asked. Much better.

15. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Good to know. I'm going to have to ask for that, too.

16. MassX1317

MassX1317 Addicted to TMC

I must say I'm pretty jealous of the people on here gushing about the great service. It was part of the reason I bought the car (and the service plan). I guess I haven't noticed anything special...have found the service at Toyota and Lexus to be just as good if not better. I find little things like cleaning the car and vacuuming to be those little touches that go a long way. Was surprised that the local Lexus and Toyota dealership will do that but Tesla doesn't. They came and picked up my car which was awesome and much more appreciated than a vacuum, but left some oil/grease/crusty stuff all over my new tires and got some glue of the window I had to remove with a razor blade. I hate to nitpick but I doubled to tripled my car budget to get a Tesla, I guess I'm looking for added value anywhere I can get it, even if it's just a really cool vacuum job ;)

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Very cool. Little things like this keep them on par with the lexus's and such of the automotive world.

18. lorih

lorih Member

Tesla is very serious about their service departments. If you were not happy you should let the service center or Tesla Ownership know about it. Not to complain, but just so your local service center can improve and keep up with the great service we are hearing about throughout the US. (Not just vacuuming, but Tesla going above and beyond for customers).

19. BlueTan85

BlueTan85 Member

Ha! They did that in my car today too! I took a photo but it's so dim I didn't upload it. But yeah exact same thing in the far back carpet.

20. kvietor

kvietor Model S S280 VIN 168

No, it's ok to complain. Customer satisfaction is Tesla's number one concern. Tesla is striving for consistency in all stores and service centers. They would appreciate any comments to help them improve. If you don't get a satisfactory answer locally, than go higher up.