Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpet directly next to gas pedal...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that the carpet to the right of my accelerator pedal is wearing (the toe of my shoe rubs against it when I have my foot on the pedal). Is there some sort of plastic/rubber guard that's available for this area? It's well above where any sort of floor mat would reach. I've done some web searching and not found anything yet. maybe there's a 3D printed thing I could make? thanks all

I would be very careful about putting anything near the accelerator in case it were to come loose and get jammed up with the pedal....

What about the cosmetic covers for the brake and accelerator that go over the pedals themselves. It would raise the height of the pedal maybe a 1/4" or perhaps more - would that keep your foot from rubbing to the right?

I would be very careful about putting anything near the accelerator in case it were to come loose and get jammed up with the pedal....

What about the cosmetic covers for the brake and accelerator that go over the pedals themselves. It would raise the height of the pedal maybe a 1/4" or perhaps more - would that keep your foot from rubbing to the right?
Unfortunately it did not. I have the pedal covers and have had them since I bought the MY barely over 6 months ago. I realize that whatever goes there would need to be firmly attached so it would not come off & interfere with pedal. Thanks for the reply.

The Tux mats finally came back into stock and I bought them. Seem really nice but the installation was a bear. Especially around the area previously mentioned. The drivers mat 'puffs out' somewhat on the sidewall to right of gas pedal. I guess I just need to work on them more or maybe use a hair dryer to make it more malleable so it will conform.

I bought the Performance Dead Pedal from RPM Tesla to go along with the Performance Pedals I added.
Ul8sZpy.jpg

It's pricey ($49 shipped) but worth it for the look and protection, I wanted.

Yea
I've noticed that the carpet to the right of my accelerator pedal is wearing (the toe of my shoe rubs against it when I have my foot on the pedal). Is there some sort of plastic/rubber guard that's available for this area? It's well above where any sort of floor mat would reach. I've done some web searching and not found anything yet. maybe there's a 3D printed thing I could make? thanks all
I’m having the same issue. I wear heavy duty work boots when I take my Model 3 to work and there’s some pretty bad wear. I’ve had my car less than 2 months!

By the way, if anyone else is noticing carpet wear next to their accelerator pedal and are like me, and didn’t want mats that covered that entire area, I came up with a simple solution. Amazon sells large Velcro pads that you can cut to size and attaches securely to the carpet. It’s almost an exact match to the black carpet and isn’t noticeable unless you are looking for it. A previous Mercedes I owned had a factory patch of vinyl in that area to prevent this issue, and there was no wear on the carpet at all after 140k miles. See below for a photo and link to what I used:

HUAYY 6 Inches Width 1 Yards Length,Sew on Hook and Loop Style,Non-Adhesive Nylon Strips Fabric,Black (6in x 1yd) Amazon.com
IMG_4479.jpeg