Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpet floors : Do anybody use them at all?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is a sustainable company i.e reducing our bad impact on the Earth. I think Tesla should not provide Carpet Floor right on so that it's not wasted or ends in storage or land fills. I see people always looking to replace the Carpet floors. Why not the car comes with good All weather Floor mats & priced it along.

Reactions: puckpurnell
Tesla is a sustainable company i.e reducing our bad impact on the Earth. I think Tesla should not provide Carpet Floor right on so that it's not wasted or ends in storage or land fills. I see people always looking to replace the Carpet floors. Why not the car comes with good All weather Floor mats & priced it along.

Uh, what? It's the floor mats, not the entire carpet that people are replacing. Also, Tesla has stopped providing the floor mats for some trims.

Last edited:
Floor mats are still standard as far as I know. Took delivery in Nov and they were included. Of course I replaced them will third party all-weather mats because of all the dirt I track in and kid spills in the back seat.

Floor mats are still standard as far as I know. Took delivery in Nov and they were included. Of course I replaced them will third party all-weather mats because of all the dirt I track in and kid spills in the back seat.
My 2020 SR+model3 is coming without floor mats of any kind, only the carpet that covers floors. It is just as well, because I would have had to store them to use my all weather mats.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Not sure what you are saying here really. I have the original carpet mats and plan to use them until they wear out. I find "all weather" mats to be really ugly, especially the plastic weathertech style of mat. If I lived somewhere that demanded ugly mats like that I would probably buy a truck. I will say though that I wish the mats/carpets were a lighter color, or a textured color so that dirt did not show as well.

Reactions: Magnets! and p-f-g
I like carpet mats. Here in SoCal, it does not snow and rarely rain. The carpet stays relatively clean and just need a vacuum every 3 to 4 months. I had rubber mats before they show dust very easily (as it is dusty here all the time). If I live somewhere that really has "All Weather", I would probably consider getting all weather mats, but here in SoCal there is only one weather unless you live way up on the mountains.

In Alaska i take out the carpet mats first thing in every car and use a high sided rubber floor liner year round. Use the carpet ones as traction mats or they sir in my garage. All that said I would say most places in the USA carpet is the mat of choice.

Yeah that’s a big damn no. So replace carpet mats in land fills with rubber and plastic ones. Great idea.