Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpet vs all weather floor mats, and which ones?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys/gals,

Had my Model 3 for a month now, totally forgot about floor mats and now it's getting a bit dirty. That being said, I live in SoCal, so it doesn't really rain too much, and I don't really plan to use it in the dirt often, should I still go ahead and order all weather floor mats anyway? Or would carpet ones be good enough? What do you guys think?

I have seen Maxpider all weather floor mats, they do look pretty nice for sure, but for that price... I am not too sure if that's worth it. Are there any lower cost alternatives that are just as good? Thanks all.

I bought and use the Maxspider rubber mats and use during winter. They are really nice and have a nice fit. But I live in an area with snow and ice and anymore folks use a literal mountain of salt on sidewalks even in the most modest of snow or icing events. The rubber mats handle this fine and are easily washed off. Then I switch back to the original carpet mats in summer once the salt has gone away.

Reactions: doubledz
When we headed into winter of 2018-2019, we bought the Tesla rubber mats. I took out the carpet ones that came with the car, and stored them in the flat box the rubber ones arrived in. And somehow we never got around to putting the carpet ones back for summer. So I guess I'm saying that we've been very happy with the Tesla mats, or else that I'm lazy and forgetful. They're definitely easier to clean--hose 'em down if they're bad enough (remove from car first!).

• Informative
Reactions: iustin
Just received a complete set of the weathertech mats front, second row and cargo trunk. Trunk mat is great, nice fit, but am not liking the mats. We're in Northern California and though it does rain, it's not epic. Thinking of returning them and ordering the replacement carpet mats that @schmluss noted above...
@schmluss are you still liking your mats? Thanks
Anyone else had that same inkling?