TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Carpool to gigafactory opening from Reno please

Discussion in 'EVents' started by franklandfield, Jul 19, 2016.

1. franklandfield

I'm registered and need a ride, because I do not drive at night, also have guest slot open, call me if interested, I am NOT on here very often, thanks, Frank, 760-617-7666,

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Tesla will be providing transportation from Reno to the Gigafactory for those invited to the event so you could probably just take their shuttle if you can't find a ride.

3. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

If I stay in one of the Tesla recommended hotels will the shuttle pick up from there? The shuttle isn't mentioned in the confirmation.

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

According to the RSVP confirmations that went out today:

5. madodel

The email they just sent me didn't say that. Thanks for the reply. I asked them for clarification. I have no idea if the hotel is in downtown Reno. I booked a room at the Residence Inn Reno.

6. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I just confirmed that shuttle transportation is for those who qualified (via referrals) to attend only....

7. madodel

Thanks. I never heard back from Tesla Events. Guess I will have to rent a car. Better be some decent snacks for all this is costing me. ;-)

8. quartzav

quartzav Member

I am fairly close to where you are staying, lets go together on sunshine power.:D

• Like x 1
  9. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

All -

Myself and 3 of the other @TeslaRoadTrip planners are going to the GF event on Friday afternoon and will also need transportation.

Has anyone officially started a carpool schedule? If there are enough of us does it warrant perhaps renting a shuttle bus to take us all out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Aaron

10. quartzav

quartzav Member

Never been to any Tesla event so not sure if there is a typical routine. Can you go out and get back in after initial checking in? I plan on taking 6 initially. From Atlantis/convention center heading east to Gigafactory site typically is 30~35 minutes maybe add 5 more minutes for typical traffic? Maybe I can do 2 runs?

11. TARDIS

TARDIS New Member

Hi all,

We need a ride as well. We will be at the Residence Inn as well or we can uber to meet you to consolidate/share rides. We are taking the train to Reno for a different adventure so we will not have a car. Madodel, Aaron S, did you sort something out?

12. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Haven't sorted anything out yet.....

Aaron

13. quartzav

quartzav Member

#13 quartzav, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    No response from Tesla yet.
    @ Tardis. This is probably the only time I wish to have 7 seats. I am OK with doing 2 runs, time permitting. From my calculation, unless we have the your guest in smugglers mode (sit on the floor) we will have to do third run...

14. madodel

@quartzav Can I take you to dinner or lunch on Friday? I really appreciate all you are doing. This is above and beyond.

I did finally hear back from Tesla Events about shuttle service:

Transportation to and from the event will be the responsibility for the customer. Please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
    The Tesla Team​

15. WesternTanager

Aaron, I have room for 4 from Reno to GF event. Will exchange ride for an invite.

16. WesternTanager

I can provide transportation for up to 4 people from Reno to GF event in exchange for an invite.

17. WesternTanager

I can provide transportation from Reno to GF event in exchange for an invite.
    Doug

18. quartzav

quartzav Member

@madodel
    I am sure we will have sometime to meet up this weekend. No treats needed though. ;)

19. WesternTanager

I can provide transportation for up to 4 people from Reno to the GF event in exchange for an invite.

20. quartzav

quartzav Member

Sent everyone the planned carpooling schedule and my contact information. Let me know how we need to modify it.