Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpool to gigafactory opening from Reno please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All -

Myself and 3 of the other @TeslaRoadTrip planners are going to the GF event on Friday afternoon and will also need transportation.

Has anyone officially started a carpool schedule? If there are enough of us does it warrant perhaps renting a shuttle bus to take us all out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Aaron

All -

Myself and 3 of the other @TeslaRoadTrip planners are going to the GF event on Friday afternoon and will also need transportation.

Has anyone officially started a carpool schedule? If there are enough of us does it warrant perhaps renting a shuttle bus to take us all out?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Aaron
Never been to any Tesla event so not sure if there is a typical routine. Can you go out and get back in after initial checking in? I plan on taking 6 initially. From Atlantis/convention center heading east to Gigafactory site typically is 30~35 minutes maybe add 5 more minutes for typical traffic? Maybe I can do 2 runs?

Hi all,

We need a ride as well. We will be at the Residence Inn as well or we can uber to meet you to consolidate/share rides. We are taking the train to Reno for a different adventure so we will not have a car. Madodel, Aaron S, did you sort something out?

No response from Tesla yet.
@ Tardis. This is probably the only time I wish to have 7 seats. I am OK with doing 2 runs, time permitting. From my calculation, unless we have the your guest in smugglers mode (sit on the floor) we will have to do third run...

Last edited:
No response from Tesla yet.
@ Tardis. This is probably the only time I wish to have 7 seats. I am OK with doing 2 runs, time permitting. From my calculation, unless we have the your guest in smugglers mode (sit on the floor) we will have to do third run...
@quartzav Can I take you to dinner or lunch on Friday? I really appreciate all you are doing. This is above and beyond.

I did finally hear back from Tesla Events about shuttle service:

Transportation to and from the event will be the responsibility for the customer. Please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
The Tesla Team​