Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carrera GT vs. Lotus Exige vs. 996 vs. GT3 vs. Tesla Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email from my contact at Ferdinand Motors about their event at the Våler track and now I see someone has picked it up already :)
The second run as you can see is after the Carrera GT got it's tires warmed up. I do like the fact that without warming up the tires the tesla does win the first race :)

Cobos

Not to mention as Gunnar of Ferdinand Motors says, it's the 800 000 NOK Tesla vs the 4 000 000 NOK Carrera GT, and the Tesla actually wins sometimes. This video shows that as has been assumed the Tesla is a VERY quick car for someone that is not racedriver trained. Anyone can get extreme performance out of it :)

Cobos

First run sounds like the GT missed a shift and the tires are spinning.

Still though, The commercial I want to see has a suited up Joe Racecar and an cocky Italian exotic driver on the start line obnoxiously reving their machines.

Enter a kindly old 107 year old Gramma who gets into the Tesla beside them. She wins the race, gets out and says in her innocent soothing cracked voice, "I just pushed the pedal".

Priceless.

Not to mention as Gunnar of Ferdinand Motors says, it's the 800 000 NOK Tesla vs the 4 000 000 NOK Carrera GT, and the Tesla actually wins sometimes. This video shows that as has been assumed the Tesla is a VERY quick car for someone that is not racedriver trained. Anyone can get extreme performance out of it :)

Cobos

And as my friend pointed out, on the second run the GT has warmed his tyres up.

I am glad you liked the videos. We had a fantastic track event at Vålerbanen this Saturday! First of the idea was to let the Tesla drag the other cars one by one. But by mistake the starter lined up all four cars, and in the end it made a spectacular dragrace! The 620bhp Carrera GT couldn't find any grip in the first drag but after a quick burnout the Hoosiers managed to transfer most of the power. :)

Thanks again to Tesla representative Esben Pedersen who made this possible!

FerdinandMotor_Vaalerbanen27sept08_lineup_01.jpg

IMG_1200-01.jpg

ferdinandmotor_dragrace.gif

... Carrera GT couldn't find any grip in the first drag but after a quick burnout the Hoosiers managed to transfer most of the power.

So, the Carrera GT was on race tires?

What about the Tesla? Stock high efficiency tires? If so, all the more reason for Tesla to be proud of their showing.

"What about the Tesla? Stock high efficiency tires?"

I know the tires the Roadster uses are supposed to be LRR. But there can't be much of a tradeoff. I mean, the Roadster, is great sports car first, and great EV second. I'm sure there would be an improvement if they switched to sticky racing tires, but I don't think the tires they're using now are at much of a disadvantage.

"I'm sure there would be an improvement if they switched to sticky racing tires, but I don't think the tires they're using now are at much of a disadvantage"

Ergh, I wrote that terribly. I know stickier tires make a big difference on the track; what I meant was totally different

What I meant was that the Roadster's tires can't be compromising stickiness for LRR, right? I mean, those tires are huge! And why would Tesla waste their time developing a LRR if it would only compromise performance?

The Roadster doesn't actually have LRR tires, does it?:confused:

The Roadster doesn't actually have LRR tires, does it?:confused:

It does, but apparently those Yokohama Advan Neova AD07s are rather decent at both efficiency AND performance. I wouldn't think they have the dry traction of those Hoosier slicks, but they seem to be an otherwise excellent all around tire.