Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carrier Direct Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

Just curious if there are any current 2021 M3 owners who used the Carrier Direct Option. I'm just interested in experience and what I can/should expect.

To make a long story short, delivery date has lined up with my wife's expected due date of our first child. If I didn't take carrier direct, I would need to be assigned a new VIN and was told it could take another 2-4 weeks. I don't want to wait.

Unfortunately, nearest delivery center is a 6 hour drive from me so that's just a no go given that my wife can pop at any moment. I spoke with my advisor and I am going to have it carrier shipped instead. I've made my payment and everything is ready to go.

Since I am using carrier direct, my biggest concern is.. how do I reject the car if there are issues? I don't want to worry, but I've read some horror stories and seen videos on youtube that these cars never seem to come in perfect condition. I just hope I am proved wrong, but it worries me.

Does Tesla do any sort of inspection for imperfections prior to sending the vehicle to me? i.e. scratches, dents, dings?

Thank you for all responses in advance.

Tesla carriered the car to me. I didn't worry about it and when I went to inspect the car, the car was perfect, no gap issues, no paint issues so I didn't have to deal with that.

I think if there are issues with the car, you can just not sign the paper and tell them to bring it back to where they got it from. =D

Tesla carriered the car to me. I didn't worry about it and when I went to inspect the car, the car was perfect, no gap issues, no paint issues so I didn't have to deal with that.

I think if there are issues with the car, you can just not sign the paper and tell them to bring it back to where they got it from. =D
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but you have to pay before they ship, you own the car when they load it on the transport.

• Once your vehicle is loaded onto its transport, it is considered in your possession. You do not have the ability to reject your vehicle when it arrives. If you would like to inspect your vehicle prior to accepting delivery, please consider coming in store for delivery.

Here's my experience using Carrier Direct for home delivery to NH. The Carrier Direct service is great except for the lack of communication. The SA kept telling me that I would get a call when the car is "on the way there" but they couldn't confirm the date. So I spent a week wondering when it would arrive with my EDD (Delivery Appointment date) changing every day from today's date to tomorrow's date. They even said they couldn't tell me the name of the 3rd party transportation company so I could contact them. Eventually I got a call that they were 45 minutes away. Glad I was already home :) The guy was super nice and let me check it out inside and out before he left. The condition was excellent. All-in-all though it was worth the $750 fee to avoid a long round-trip to Paramus, NJ.