Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars and Coffee - Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First: Congrats and Welcome.
You will love your car.

AS far as the August Cars and Coffee, Probably, yes, I will be there.

Notes from Houston Tesla Group indicate they gather and arrive around 5:30 AM or so.
SO, if we can have two or three (or more) cars there, it would be great.

If the Camero group can get there in full force, we most certainly can also.

I will bring my green P85 tomorrow, schedule has prevented me from being there since March. Was wondering if a group of people were showing up early and trying to reserve some spots for Teslas. I probably cannot make it there until around 7am. I got there at 7am in March and there was no problem with parking, they had me park it the exotics. No idea how the crowd tomorrow will be.

I will bring my green P85 tomorrow, schedule has prevented me from being there since March. Was wondering if a group of people were showing up early and trying to reserve some spots for Teslas. I probably cannot make it there until around 7am. I got there at 7am in March and there was no problem with parking, they had me park it the exotics. No idea how the crowd tomorrow will be.

I'm up for trying. Will get there between 6:30-7:00. If you have Tesla gear, maybe wear it? I actually don't have any, there shirts are designed for fatties like myself )-:

7 AM might be a bit late.
I will be there in the morning, REALLY early in order to get in (before 6 AM).
Went to my first C and C in July and the place was heaving with cars and people.
Five MSs showed up, ONE got in.
Early bird gets the parking spaces.
Mine is grey...

Wish I had ANY Tesla gear to wear.
Someday soon.

wow it was HOT! but tons of cars! sorry I didn't get a chance to swing around to see the rest of you guys in the Tesla row!

Agreed, it was hot: August in Texas....

Hey, there were 4 1/2 of us there...
One each: Silver, Green, Grey, Blue
4 got in early, the Red one arrived later, got in after things thinned out a bit.
Red definitely drew the most looks and hand-prints (drools).

Great group of guys, but, now we need a few of the female drivers to put in some display time!

Great turnout, lots of lookers, interesting comments, conversations, feedback.

Jerry, you rock!
You probably enticed at least 5 people to do further investigation, searching, test drives(?), ordering...

Yep, from this past Saturday morning.

Looks like there was a momentary lapse in the crowd.
It got really crowded when the multi-red MS showed up.
Like ants on a hill I'm tellin ya...

Yes, I will try to make it to FW this Saturday.
Pray for a bit cooler temp......

Last edited:
I really liked what Jerry did with the posters. Would be cool to print something up showing the proposed Supercharger network. Would chip in for printing costs. Something like this:

Screen Shot 2013-08-06 at 11.01.51 PM.png

Last edited:
I really liked what Jerry did with the posters. Would be cool to print something up showing the proposed Supercharger network. Would chip in for printing costs. Something like this:

View attachment 27664

I would help pay for printing Jerry's next set of posters too.
Gotta also have a little blurp or graphic showing the rate of charge for 30 minutes **200 miles**.
And MUST Include the word "free" for Tesla Model S.

Having access to a blink charger (either free or as a paying Option) locally in-town is one thing.
Having access to a free supercharger in the wild on your way to somewhere far off: mind boggling.
Winter 2013, MS drivers will be able to literally drive from San Diego to Boston, Vancouver to Miami (admittedly not a direct triangulated shot), but that concept of <no limit> to ones range gets a lot of people thinking deep thoughts... because you just blew away their single biggest objection: range.
End of 2014 (LESS THAN 18 MONTHS AWAY), really messes with their heads: lacking only North Dakota, Arkansas/ Northern Mississippi and Big Bend part of West Texas.

I would help pay for printing Jerry's next set of posters too.
Gotta also have a little blurp or graphic showing the rate of charge for 30 minutes **200 miles**.
And MUST Include the word "free" for Tesla Model S.

Having access to a blink charger (either free or as a paying Option) locally in-town is one thing.
Having access to a free supercharger in the wild on your way to somewhere far off: mind boggling.
Winter 2013, MS drivers will be able to literally drive from San Diego to Boston, Vancouver to Miami (admittedly not a direct triangulated shot), but that concept of <no limit> to ones range gets a lot of people thinking deep thoughts... because you just blew away their single biggest objection: range.
End of 2014 (LESS THAN 18 MONTHS AWAY), really messes with their heads: lacking only North Dakota, Arkansas/ Northern Mississippi and Big Bend part of West Texas.

Well it's only a quickish mock-up, but here's the text added (plagiarized from the tesla website):

Last edited: