Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars and Coffee - Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be there! What time does everyone suggest showing up? I have never been, but I want to get in with all the rest of the Tesla's. is there a specific meeting spot? I went to the Houston C&C and they all parked in a specific area of the parking lot.

Thank you

I will be there! What time does everyone suggest showing up?

It kind of depends because you never know how crowded it will be. The first time I came at 07:00 and there was lots of room, the second time I came at 07:00 and every space was taken. The third time at 05:30 and there was no problem. Best idea is to find someone who is really good with a crystal ball, otherwise just come as early as you are comfortable with.

Anyone up for Cars and Coffee in Plano this coming weekend?
<<Jerry?, Zesty Chicken?,rsampsonjr?, EVDFW? TT_Lambo?, CheetahExpress?, Superraz375? The Fury? SteveH? ByeEnzo?>>

I will probably come. I'm debating making a new poster. Now that the Waco location is confirmed by light of sight, I'm kind of thinking to just wait until it's up to reprint. The current maps up don't show it. Just Hillsboro for some reason. I suppose I could use an old map which showed the Temple location since it's reasonable close to correct...

Weird they still have the wrong info on the Tesla website.

I will be there! What time does everyone suggest showing up? I have never been, but I want to get in with all the rest of the Tesla's. is there a specific meeting spot? I went to the Houston C&C and they all parked in a specific area of the parking lot.

Thank you

Getting there earlier gives us a better chance of securing spaces together.
IF we know you are coming, maybe we can develop a plan to mark off a set of spaces, but it is sort of a free-for-all later as more folks show up, and less spaces are available.
Early bird(s) gets the parking spaces, late birds don't even get in (see July Posts).

RE: ZestyChicken
<<I will probably come. I'm debating making a new poster. Now that the Waco location is confirmed by light of sight, I'm kind of thinking to just wait until it's up to reprint. The current maps up don't show it. Just Hillsboro for some reason. I suppose I could use an old map which showed the Temple location since it's reasonable close to correct...>>

My Suggestion: Maybe just reprint using the 4 remaining segments on the calendar: Fall 2013, Winter 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Bellmead/Waco or Temple, it is as good as it is going to be for a while.
They don't even have Woodburn, Oregon indicated as being Open on the Map.

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone will complain about the dot location on the poster. Those dots are big enough that they could be just about anywhere.

You're right but it is a big difference to have 2 chargers between Dallas and Austin and just one. It's looks like we're getting two - no?

I did put together another poster which speaks to all the awards and safety kudos...

Tesla Model S Poster.jpg

We have a Supercharger poster already (this is the most up-to-date one I've done):
jpg.gif

Re: New Poster
THAT is Awesome, what a marketing guy you are...
In addition to the poster, I bet at least 50(?) color copies as brochures (hopefully readable @ 8 1/2" X 11" format) should be available to be handed out.
You were there in August: your guess as the number of brochures to print is as good as mine.
<<Give Jerry at least 50 copies, because people gravitate to him anyway.>>

Re: Supercharger Poster

San Marcos is already on-line and operational.
There will only be ONE SC station between Dallas and Austin: @ Bellmead/Waco.
The current Tesla Motors Web page indicates only FIVE station in the Texas Triangle, not SIX.

There are TWO stations coming on line in Colorado.
Oy vey...
So much is happening, in so many areas, there will never be a completely accurate up-to-the minute map, until MAYBE the end of 2015 when the dust settles.

My two cents:
Remove the Summer 2013 (as it will only be "accurate" for another two weeks from Saturday 9-7-13), and indicate the projected Fall 2013 as the starting point.
The exact grey and red dots are inconsequential: whereas, the OVERALL image is greater than the exact (and imprecise) DATA.
Cuts down on running to the printers, etc. to re-correct.

BEAUTIFUL ZESTY!

How can other newbies (me) get a PDF of both?

Very nice piece. Thanks!!!

You can use the jpg off this forum. Otherwise, just pm me your email address and I'll sent it to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Re: New Poster
THAT is Awesome, what a marketing guy you are...
In addition to the poster, I bet at least 50(?) color copies as brochures (hopefully readable @ 8 1/2" X 11" format) should be available to be handed out.
You were there in August: your guess as the number of brochures to print is as good as mine.
<<Give Jerry at least 50 copies, because people gravitate to him anyway.>>

Well, I'm not sure if I was going to create a brochure if that would be it. This poster is really just to supplement what we already have. If you want to hand stuff out, you would include FAR, FAR less detail. I think Tesla themselves have brochures. Perhaps they can give us some?

The other option would just be to create business cards with the Tesla website on them so people know where to go for more information. Would also be cheap as hell. We could get 250 for less than $25 and have a ton. We probably would need to put a disclaimer that we don't work for Tesla.

Well, I'm not sure if I was going to create a brochure if that would be it. This poster is really just to supplement what we already have. If you want to hand stuff out, you would include FAR, FAR less detail. I think Tesla themselves have brochures. Perhaps they can give us some?

The other option would just be to create business cards with the Tesla website on them so people know where to go for more information. Would also be cheap as hell. We could get 250 for less than $25 and have a ton. We probably would need to put a disclaimer that we don't work for Tesla.

You are right.
No brochures, might come across as being canned.
Best advertising for any product (or service) is by Word of Mouth, from enthusiastic Owners.