Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars and Coffee - Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to go. Just need to get up real, real early!

Alright, car is washed & vacuumed. Who will be there tomorrow? If I'm the only one I'm worried I won't get a chance to look at any other cars. :D

I'll be there just after 8. If someone feels like saving a space for me, I'll show off the Volt (and help with all the Tesla questions!). Kevin, you have my number, if it looks like a space will be available, let me know either way. Thanks!

The weather was a bit cool.
And windy.
And dry.

Would not have been any fun to have it on a day like today: wet and rainy all day long.

Thanks to all for such a great turn-out.
Thanks also for the Roadster, Leaf and Brammo.
There was an Insight who got there early, but he moved it to make room for one of the MS.

Friendly reminder:
When the weather cooperates, if you are not there by 6:30, you probably won't have a chance for a decent parking space.
If you are not there by 7:00, you probably won't make it in at ALL, except to look at some very cool cars.

The Lexus LFA floored me, as did a couple of the McLarens.

Last edited:
We went to Dallas C&C this past weekend and were surprised not to see any other Teslas there. We drove around for 20 minutes looking for the usual pack of Model S's and finally parallel parked in some random place as the fullness of the lot left us little choice.

We fielded the usual questions (range? charge time? handling?). What stopped most people in their tracks was the huge display: It seemed that people who had no idea about the Model S stopped because of the display. I was surprised to observe that even among those who seemed knowledgeable about the Model S not a single person was aware of the Superchargers. I kept the Tesla Supercharger page open on my browser and showed it to a bunch of people.

Many people ask about local charging and they're puzzled when I say that I don't care what local chargers are available in the DFW area. I asked "If your car magically filled its tank with gas every single night so that each day you awoke to full tank and you could drive 200+ miles without refilling, would you care what gas stations were near your house?" I enjoyed watching their range anxiety at the prospect of driving a Model S disappear with just a two minute conversation.

Children as young as four were running up to the car, saying "Look! It's a Tesla!" I think back to myself at age 4 and can't imagine that any car would have excited me like that.

This thread usually resurrects itself a few days before C&C with folks chiming in that they're going to attend. The Oct C&C is on the same day as the solar home tour and I'm worried that dragging my family out at 6:00 am for a few hours of C&C and then dragging them on a solar home tour will result in them cramming me into the frunk.

This thread usually resurrects itself a few days before C&C with folks chiming in that they're going to attend. The Oct C&C is on the same day as the solar home tour and I'm worried that dragging my family out at 6:00 am for a few hours of C&C and then dragging them on a solar home tour will result in them cramming me into the frunk.

Yes, I vote DFW Solar Tour this time. :). DFW Solar Tour

Hi there. I have never been to a C&C before. Where is it? From what time to what time? Normally what kind of cars are there to look at? Do they group cars together i.e. Tesla one area, another brand another area, etc.? Thanks.

Oh, never mind. Found it :)

Officially C&C starts @ 8, but if you are not inside the gates by 6:30, you may not find a "real" parking space.
And the pickin's (parking areas) get kinda slim.
If you arrive after 7, you probably won't be allowed in, unless you have a Ferrari, or McLaren.

I plan to do BOTH C&C, and then host for a couple of hours, and then tour a couple of Solar Homes for a couple of hours.

So much for squeezing the last bit into a day.

I will try to bring mine next month as I will FINALLY be taking delivery of my Sig X tomorrow! WOOT!

Congrats on your new X!!!

Hope the weather is great for that Saturday -- if it is, I will certainly be there.

Question is: will you park with the "regular" cars, or on the line with the exotics (McLarens, Ferrari, Lambos, etc?)
I'll even save you a regular parking spot if you decide to park with the masses.

Would be awesome to see one up close: have seen one in Hawthorne, one in Austin last Feb. (along with Elon) and one (Stormtrooper White) in traffic near Turtle Creek.

Congrats on your new X!!!

Hope the weather is great for that Saturday -- if it is, I will certainly be there.

Question is: will you park with the "regular" cars, or on the line with the exotics (McLarens, Ferrari, Lambos, etc?)
I'll even save you a regular parking spot if you decide to park with the masses.

Would be awesome to see one up close: have seen one in Hawthorne, one in Austin last Feb. (along with Elon) and one (Stormtrooper White) in traffic near Turtle Creek.

I usually get my cars wrapped by Trey at Speedshield and he usually saves some space so probably have the car there!