Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars and Coffee - Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the Service Center in Dallas today.
They had six Model Xs there, one was covered.
Great looking vehicle(s)!

the X is really exceeding my expectations. It is a FANTASTIC car/SUV. So nice to drive, fast, roomy...
and the one thing that people haven't mentioned all that much, is the handling. With the low center of gravity, the car feels like the S vs driving the likes of a Cayenne Turbo!

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas and bollar
Really nice turnout this morning @ C&C:
Four Model S, and the complete show stopper, a Sig Black Model X with WHITE interior, P90D Ludicrous.
First one I have seen with the doors open (others sightings had been prototypes or at the Service Center or driving on the road).

The Model X literally had a crowd/throng around it all day long, lots of wows and drooling (including me...).
The owner was gracious enough to permit me to sit in both the Driver's seat, and then the middle row seat.
AND he allowed me to open (operate) and close both doors.

...Very cool.

One word of caution regarding Cars and Coffee // Dallas: if you are not in line by 6:45, you may not get into the show.
Not my rules, because the gates CLOSE (mostly) @ 7:00 am.
Unless you have an exotic (Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo, etc.)

One of the Model S Owners had driven down from Chicago!!!
Awesome!

AND
Just got back from Phase TWO for the day.
Packed House @ Maker's Space in Carrollton.

Lots of great Model S Tech info, and lo and behold: ANOTHER Sig Model X, White with beige interior, P90D.

Shout out to and thanks to Bollar, Chris and Pete for organizing and the terrific presentations!!!
Awesome group of very smart and fun people.

Reactions: 7racer and bollar
Hey all! Just moving to DFW - I obviously just missed C&C, but I'll be there for the next one!

Welcome to DFW!!!!
Will be looking forward to meeting you 1st Saturday in May 1.

I am glad to see that C&C Dallas has taking a more assertive stance against all the burn-outs, but bring your ear-plugs for high-revving noise with minimal mufflers. Ugh. Deafening.

There is also a C&C Ft. Worth, seems they might be having their next meeting @ new location: Speedway Club at Texas Motor Speedway Saturday, April 16.

Welcome to DFW!!!!
Will be looking forward to meeting you 1st Saturday in May 1.

I am glad to see that C&C Dallas has taking a more assertive stance against all the burn-outs, but bring your ear-plugs for high-revving noise with minimal mufflers. Ugh. Deafening.

There is also a C&C Ft. Worth, seems they might be having their next meeting @ new location: Speedway Club at Texas Motor Speedway Saturday, April 16.

Cowtown Cars & Coffee is moving to TMS this month after their own problems with insufficient space and incessant burnouts. April 16, 8a-11a -- last year, TMS occasionally offered a few laps around the track. I don't know if that will continue now that it's Cowtown C&C.

I don't know if you can see the details without joining Facebook, but: Cowtown Cars & Coffee

Reactions: vrykolas
Anyone interested in 1-April Cars & Coffee at Plano Classic BMW? One or two others were interested in another thread, and I found out this is the 'proper' thread... I heard you have to get there EARLY (around 5:30am). Sounds a little crazy (for a Saturday), but it's my first meet-up with other Tesla owners so I'm a little excited. :)

I read this forum and Tesla's official forum incessantly, so I think it would be good to get out and talk shop, tips, etc.

Anyone interested in 1-April Cars & Coffee at Plano Classic BMW? One or two others were interested in another thread, and I found out this is the 'proper' thread... I heard you have to get there EARLY (around 5:30am). Sounds a little crazy (for a Saturday), but it's my first meet-up with other Tesla owners so I'm a little excited. :)

I read this forum and Tesla's official forum incessantly, so I think it would be good to get out and talk shop, tips, etc.

The better the weather, the earlier you line up outside is better.
Once the gates open @ 6, there is typically a steady stream of cars rolling around inside.
Gates typically close @ 7 AM unless you are in an exotic (Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari), but in February weather was cool and they let people in for a long time after the 7 AM gate time.
C&C officially starts @ 8 AM, and the English cars are in one area, Porsches in one area, BMWs in one area, Corvettes, etc.
Trucks and Off-road Jeeps just park ON the islands.

Daylight savings just started this weekend, so it is really dark @ 7 (like this morning).

If you arrive at 6, you can get in.
If you arrive at 6:45, you might get in, because the lines are long, and cars drive around trying to glom onto areas with similar make/model cars.

If I get in early, I will park a chair in a vacant parking space next to my car -- first one in gets the parking spot!
Northbound Tollway has lots of late night construction, so there is also that to consider.

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas and bollar