TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cars & Coffee?

Discussion in 'North Texas Tesla Owners Group' started by vrykolas, Mar 13, 2017.

1. vrykolas

vrykolas Member

Anyone go to the Plano meet up before?
    Maybe show up with a few Tesla's to educate others and talk shop with other owners?

Free coffee and lots of other cool cars (mostly ICE though).

First Saturday of every month at Classic BMW in Plano

2. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Yes, a few people go each month - but it's so freaking busy. You need to be there by 6:30 to get a decent parking space. Here's the master thread: Cars and Coffee - Dallas

• Helpful x 1
  3. TexasTeslaRacing

I went a few months ago and it is packed like bollar mentioned. I would be willing to go if you're still interested. You're wanting to go on April 1st correct?

• Like x 1
  4. vrykolas

vrykolas Member

I'm up for it! I don't mind getting up early. Especially if it's my first 'event' with other Tesla owners.

We hit up ECM Dallas (at Nebraska Furniture Mart) on 12-March. It was PACKED, but a different style of meet-up I guess. My main goal was to answer questions from interested people, and spread the word of electric cars and dispel myths. Plus, there were a few pretty interesting cars there.

As a side-goal it's sort of 'advertising' for Tesla (since I'm an investor as well), to get people interested about Tesla, the upcoming Model 3, etc.

Thanks @bollar and @bcampbelllds

I'm thinking of going with my brother-in-law who is deciding between taking his Nissan GTR or custom Vette. Should be fun. PM/DM me if you're going and we can coordinate.

5. TexasTeslaRacing

I'm PM later this week and exchange contact info.