TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cars.com Model S charging video

Discussion in 'Video' started by ToddRLockwood, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

2. FVO

FVO Active Member

VERY interesting to see a report that adresses some "issues". Constructive criticism like these would help Tesla alot!
    You don't come to these grievances in a 30min. testdrive.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

At 1:08, the two Tesla labelled pieces appear red. Is that just a lighting effect (a strong one!)? In the rest of the video, the red portion is silver/gray.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#4 doug, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Same video embedded below:

5. goyogi

goyogi Member

I lean in to open the charge door since the weight over my hand is enough to turn the car on. Barely an annoyance.

6. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Interesting to see him mention one particular item that has been in the car since Oct 31 (1.15.8, iirc), and he's showing V 1.9.0: 'idle creep' @ 5:10. They've been working on these videos for some time apparently.

I think the two chargers is indicative as well. The red one is early version, beta only I think. The silver one is the now shipping version.

And for the pre-heating... leave the door open a crack! Hasn't really been an issue for me yet, tho I'm looking forward to the remote app.

7. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

When I took my test drive, the representative popped open the charge door with his finger. Is this an option?