TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cars.com Model S review

Discussion in 'Video' started by doug, Nov 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#1 doug, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

These two videos are on the Reviews page.

3. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

It's a postive review but it focuses on the weirdest things.

4. Oyvind.H

Oyvind.H Member

Well, the car is so close to perfect that they have to be picky :)

5. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

6. adric22

adric22 Member

The guy seemed distraught over lack of cup holders. Wouldn't bother me any. No drinks are ever allowed in my car, except on occasion a bottle of water. I certainly wouldn't allow kids to carry drinks in a $100,000 car, which would most likely be sitting in the back seat anyway.. so yeah.. Lack of cupholders back there doesn't bother me a bit. However, I do suspect it will bother some people and how much extra could it really cost to incorporate those into the vehicle?

7. SteveH

SteveH Member

The lack of cup holders is just one aspect of my only real complaint about the Model S: The center console. I would like something with far more storage, longer armrests, front cup holders further forward, and some rear cup holders. I know they built it to show off the flat floor, but it's too spartan for a luxury sedan.

8. Vexar

Vexar Member

Wow. That's the dirtiest Tesla S I have seen on a review yet: bugs crawling on the outside, along with leaves or dirt, plus what looked like fertilizer pellets in the rear storage. I think the reason he heard a lot of rumbling from the road was he kept driving with his left wheels on the median stripe, hitting those botts dots things.
    As a father with children, I am very glad there are no cup holders in back. For all the other parents buying this car, my suggestion is to get each child a road trip satchel. Also, rather than packing snacks for the kids, pack a family snack in the forward storage capacity and prepare your Supercharger stops accordingly:
    "Dad, I'm hungry, when do we stop?"
    "The supercharger is only 75 miles away, the car says we should be there in [ ] minutes. I will leave the navigation screen up so you can watch."

I can hardly wait for my first road trip stop at a supercharger, to meet some of you.