TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

cars having 7 seats

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by boofagle, Oct 2, 2015.

1. boofagle

boofagle Member

Apologies if this has been talked about before.

Do you think a reason the S and X can both seat 7 is because Musk himself has 5 kids and a significant other? He wants to take his whole family in one car.

Just curious about your thoughts.

2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Good observation. He has stated this too many times to count. Musk wants, Musk gets.

3. mmccord

mmccord Member

I believe this has been outright stated regarding model S design. I forget where i read it, maybe in the biography that was written about Musk recently.

4. boofagle

boofagle Member

@mmccord I figured as much but I just hadn't found it anywhere. Thanks for the info!

5. larmor

larmor Member

If MS and MX target markets are the panamera and cayenne-- then extra seats are a huge upside!

6. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

As of Today Elon has a wife not a significant other.

Elon designed the Model S for himself.

Hence room for 5 kids and wife.

No grab handles because he does not take elderly parents to their doctor's appointments.

No coat hooks because he does not put his sports jacket on clothes hanger while driving to a sales call.

No cupholders capable of handling double big gulps because he is not a patron of 7-11.

7. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

I've been reaching the conclusion that Tesla make Elon-mobiles.. i.e. the car is just there for what Elon wants and desires, and the rest of us just fund it by buying it. Model X debut timed with Elon's kids getting too big for the rear-facing seats, autopilot must be optimized for the 405, stability control can't be turned off because Elon totaled his F1, etc, etc.

This is how Ferrari used to/still does work. The car buyers fund the F1 team.

</conspiracy>

8. BerTX

BerTX Member

Of course. That's why the Model X is a taxi rather than an SUV.