Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars with FSD/Summons, detect fire and automagicly move away from danger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Garage fires are fairly rare but they do happen. A garage fire is bad but if a 75KWH battery pack catches fire that could be a hum dinger of a fire. I tested Summons with my Model 3 in the garage with the door closed yesterday. The car waited for the garage door to open then backed out and closed the door where I commanded it to stop. If Sentry mode could detect a fire, seems like the car could be programmed to exit the garage/fire danger zone? This would be yet another reason to purchase the FSD package. If the charging wand were plugged in, not sure if moving the car would be safer than not? If a Bolt or any other vehicle catches fire, in a parking lot near your Tesla move to safety (if possible). Thoughts..

I know crazy ideas!! Thoughts.
Regards

Garage fires are fairly rare but they do happen. A garage fire is bad but if a 75KWH battery pack catches fire that could be a hum dinger of a fire. I tested Summons with my Model 3 in the garage with the door closed yesterday. The car waited for the garage door to open then backed out and closed the door where I commanded it to stop. If Sentry mode could detect a fire, seems like the car could be programmed to exit the garage/fire danger zone? This would be yet another reason to purchase the FSD package. If the charging wand were plugged in, not sure if moving the car would be safer than not? If a Bolt or any other vehicle catches fire, in a parking lot near your Tesla move to safety (if possible). Thoughts..

I know crazy ideas!! Thoughts.
Regards
Not crazy to me. There are problems that would need to be overcome, such as unplugging from the charger, possibly opening garage doors, however that is a scenario in which the Summon function would have real value, if infrequently.