Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars with no driver deaths

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barklikeadog

Jul 13, 2016
PA
Model S owner manual is at

All in all Autopilot will save you from some pretty stupid behavior and I'd like to have my current car replaced with a Model 3 right now. I'm positive any Tesla you give me (other than the pre 2012 roadster) would be safer than any car I own or have owned.

If you are concerned about safety, there are several autos on the roads that have zero driver deaths year after year.
Tesla isn't on the list.

If you are concerned about safety, there are several autos on the roads that have zero driver deaths year after year.
Tesla isn't on the list.

These 11 Vehicles Had No Driver Deaths

The 11 models with zero driver deaths include the Audi A6 Quattro, Audi Q7 Quattro, rear-wheel drive BMW 535i, BMW 535xi xDrive, Jeep Cherokee 4x4, Lexus CT 200h, front-wheel Lexus RX 350, front-wheel drive Mazda CX-9, Mercedes-Benz M-Class 4Matic, Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed 4x4, and front-wheel Volkswagen Tiguan.

I won't buy a gas or diesel car no matter how safe it is. I have no interest in a Pickup truck, SUV, or otherwise off road oriented vehicle.

Tesla is plenty safe enough for me, way safer than a Leaf or Prius.

Reactions: GSP
These 11 Vehicles Had No Driver Deaths

I won't buy a gas or diesel car no matter how safe it is. I have no interest in a Pickup truck, SUV, or otherwise off road oriented vehicle.

Tesla is plenty safe enough for me, way safer than a Leaf or Prius.

That list is problematic because it is too exacting on specific model and drive type.

With Tesla you have anything from a Model S 60 all the way to a P100DL which is significantly quicker/faster. The vast majority of the fatalities are high speed crashes.

It's kinda telling that all the S class cars from Audi aren't there, or the M3/M4/M5 from BMW.

Plus that kind of list doesn't give any indication of miles driven. So I'd rather see a list of lowest fatalities per miles with a minimum number of miles driven.

That list is problematic because it is too exacting on specific model and drive type.

With Tesla you have anything from a Model S 60 all the way to a P100DL which is significantly quicker/faster. The vast majority of the fatalities are high speed crashes.

It's kinda telling that all the S class cars from Audi aren't there, or the M3/M4/M5 from BMW.

Plus that kind of list doesn't give any indication of miles driven. So I'd rather see a list of lowest fatalities per miles with a minimum number of miles driven.

Ok.

Looks like the Jeep Cherokee 4x4 has had 0 driver deaths for several years and there are hundreds of thousands on the roads racking up the miles.

It's what I get for posting in reply to a straw man argument. Like I said I don't want a gas or diesel car and the only cars with 0 deaths are something on that list.

you and I are wasting time replying to someone that clearly wanted to derail a thread.

Which would mean something if cars and people remain consistent over time.

Entropy and fatigue are two factors which work against this.

The best you can have is the: No fatalities for X years.

But it's meaningless going forward.

Much like rolling a die and saying: No 2 encountered in the last 7 throws and assuming that predicts something.

Last edited: