Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carsales Extended Warranty: $4000+ Tesla Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Carsales Warranties are too good to be true, because... this is now what it says on its website:

carsales Warranty FAQs

Thank you for showing interest in carsales Warranty. Unfortunately, due to the current economic climate, carsales Warranty has stopped issuing new warranty policies. Existing policies are not impacted by this change and are still active.
Yeah it sucks because they were a good option for used Teslas.

Tesla extended warranty

I have a 2017 Model X P100D that is out of its 4 year warranty next month (20,000 KM, NRMA insured).

I asked Tesla last year about a warranty extension and they pointed me at Marsh. Marsh gave a $4,000 quote which I decided to leave given warranty remained until June 2021.

Can someone please share the current warranty extension options for this vehicle?

I have a 2017 Model X P100D that is out of its 4 year warranty next month (20,000 KM, NRMA insured).

I asked Tesla last year about a warranty extension and they pointed me at Marsh. Marsh gave a $4,000 quote which I decided to leave given warranty remained until June 2021.

Can someone please share the current warranty extension options for this vehicle?
I took out the Marsh/Tesla extended warranty on my MX. 7k for 4 years. 4 weeks later car needed 4k worth of repairs. All carried out without a hint of argument under the extended warranty. The benefit of the Marsh warranty is it is effectively with Tesla, so no concept of claiming back the cost of repairs. Seamless. 7k sounds expensive, but for a car like the X you can guarantee things will go wrong (as they did with my car very quickly). The other compelling reason is that you then get to sell the car while under warranty as it is transferrable to a new owner.

I took out the Marsh/Tesla extended warranty on my MX. 7k for 4 years. 4 weeks later car needed 4k worth of repairs. All carried out without a hint of argument under the extended warranty. The benefit of the Marsh warranty is it is effectively with Tesla, so no concept of claiming back the cost of repairs. Seamless. 7k sounds expensive, but for a car like the X you can guarantee things will go wrong (as they did with my car very quickly). The other compelling reason is that you then get to sell the car while under warranty as it is transferrable to a new owner.
Was that 4 years on top of the existing 4 years? And was there a mileage amount?