Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carvana just offered $68,300 for my 2021 MY LR!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, you're right. Just got offer of 67,800. Why so high?

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 12.51.09 PM.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Lonewulf45
It's tempting to sell, but I would probably want to buy the same car again. Since the new price is only 5k less than the used price they are offering I would only make 5k (no sales EV tax in NJ). Not sure if that's worth the wait.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lonewulf45
It is about supply and demand. The performance is not as much in demand as the long range is. The biggest reason that Tesla sells as many as they do is delivery time
Nah. Pretty sure Carvana buying algorithm has a bug and screws up. Look at the Teslas they have for sale. 2021 MYLR is going for around 66k and MYP is 72k, which seems like a reasonable gap. But Carvana is paying over 68k to get the same MYLR to sell at 66k? Pretty sure they screw up on the offering. If you are thinking about selling MYLR I would do it soon before they correct the mistake.

Attachments

• F8F1C874-69B6-47A0-907E-0B0703BAFC4E.png
    F8F1C874-69B6-47A0-907E-0B0703BAFC4E.png
    571 KB · Views: 72
I don’t think this is a bug at all. It is absolutely supply and demand. They can afford thin margins on cars that sell themselves. Not to mention Tesla is continuing to raise prices and drag out delivery estimates based on current supply chain issues - this only makes your used car that much more valuable. Especially one that everyone wants.

Reactions: BGOwner