TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Carvana selling used Tesla- somehow supports Tesla's fight against the states?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by pbleic, May 10, 2014.

1. pbleic

pbleic Member

2. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Buying a used car is a special news item? Used cars are not under the scrutiny of the NADA or states issues - there are tens of thousands of used-car dealers out there. Perhaps they are using this as free-advertising for their company.

3. pbleic

pbleic Member

Exactly my point. A little like ambulance chasing. This kind of press reflects badly on a company, but few will care.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

A press release stating a used car dealer is selling a used car is not news.

5. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

In other breaking news, Carmax comes out in support of government bailouts by selling Chevys.

6. AC1K

AC1K Member

the way i understood it was.... Carvana supports Tesla in direct sales, it has nothing to do with them selling used cars, only their political view point which is against other dealerships.

maybe it is news? i dunno, them selling used cars and being somewhat of a "Dealership" themselves basically just said the other dealerships are wrong.

7. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

They are competitors with dealerships anyway (certified pre-owned programs in particular) so I can see where they might have affinity for Tesla's position.