Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Case against EVs Still Hanging On In US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but it isn't always a slam-dunk for EV's vs hybrids.

There are always ways to twist reality to conform to a narrative. Anti-Vaxx parents can point to the 1:1M occurrence of a negative vaccine outcome. A Tesla can crash at 5k miles and never have the chance to repay its imbedded energy. ON AVERAGE. EVs are a MUCH better choice than a hybrid. To use outlier events to make decisions is foolish.

Last edited:
Reactions: David99
Most if not all of this is from natural seeps. Any man caused oil is more likely form ships. When I lived in Southern California in the 50's there was tar on the beaches all the time. In fact offshore oil production has reduced the pressure in the formations so there is less oil seeping into the ocean. At one time it was estimated 42,000 gallons per day of oil was seeping into the ocean from natural seeps offshore California.

Tankers dumping out oil in the ocean is another huge issue. Pollution from the massive amount of diesel driven cargo ships coming and going into Long Beach don't help either.

I find it hard to believe that 42k gallons are seeping into the ocean per day. The oil has been down there for several million years. By now the beaches and ocean floors around there would be completely full of oil. But neither are. I did a little bit of research and it seems the tar balls are mostly from oil spills. Natural seeping happens, but it seems the majority is coming from spills or tankers.