TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cat fight! Musk disses Zuck: "...understanding of AI is limited."

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by calisnow, Jul 25, 2017.

1. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

• Funny x 3
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

"Cat fight"? That is a silly characterization of a very serious issue.

I'm with Elon. If he is scared of general AI based on his insight into the industry, then so am I. A malevolent AI may be unlikely, but if there is even a small possibility of it happening there are grounds for real concern. One should not dismiss a potential existential threat to humanity.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 1
  3. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Lighten up. The issue is serious - the funny part is two billionaires throwing shade at each other on twitter.

• Like x 4
  4. JonG

JonG Banned

Elon knows that AI and machine learning will be the end of the Human race - he drives an AP2 car.

• Funny x 7
  5. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

Elon got rich reinventing internet payments and electric transport.

Zuckerberg got rich by destroying the concept of privacy.

• Like x 5
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

Love it.... Billionaire cat fight... two cats (rare albino tigers) get in a rap battle over who was the bigger tech weanie... raaaarrrrrr! Love it.... It's like Biggie and Tupac.... Ahhhhhhh snap.... he didn't just call him out at a technology forum! Hold me back Franz, hold me back! You know I'm a guerrilla!

• Funny x 1
  7. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

I bet he unfriends his ass.

• Funny x 2