Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat hid the key fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i put the key fob on the dining table and the key disappeared the next morning. I suspect that my cat has hidden the key somewhere in the apartment. I have searched all over the place but cannot find the key. Is there any way to locate the key? E.g. Bluetooth, app, etc?

Thanks for help in advance!

i put the key fob on the dining table and the key disappeared the next morning. I suspect that my cat has hidden the key somewhere in the apartment. I have searched all over the place but cannot find the key. Is there any way to locate the key? E.g. Bluetooth, app, etc?

Thanks for help in advance!

No key Fob? So........when was the last time you saw your Tesla?

GmIhXw-toonces-the-driving-cat-BKux.gif

The good news is you can drive the car with your app. My wife lost the fob on a trip and texted me saying, "Um, I lost the fob, what do I do now". Good thing she was driving a Tesla, all she had to do was start the car with her phone. :D

The other good news is that Tesla fobs are surprisingly cheap... only about $150. Take that BMW!

Reactions: travis010
We have Tiles attached to all our essential items (keys, wallets, gift card holder, National Park's American the Beautiful Pass, etc.) and they work phenomenal. I was even able to retrieve a set of keys I'd accidentally left at TSA while applying for TSA Precheck but had no idea where in the airport / parking lot I'd misplaced my keys. I selected "Notify when found" in my iPhone's Tile app and got my key's location inside the airport TSA office from another Tile user passing nearby. When I called TSA they had no report of any found keys... but when I got there I showed them my keys were inside their office... and when I hit "Find" we heard them inside an unoccupied TSA person's desk drawer. Amazing... and proves Tile's power of crowd sourced lost item recovery.

If your Tile goes out of range, the Tile app will display your Tile's last location on a map... Not only a great place to start looking but typically reminds me where I left my keys.

You can also find your phone by double pressing the "e" on any of your Tiles. No Find iPhone required.

Find Your Keys, Wallet & Phone with Tile’s Bluetooth Tracker and Save Up to 30%. | Tile

img_family.png

Last edited:
We have Tiles attached to all our essential items (keys, wallets, gift card holder, National Park's American the Beautiful Pass, etc.) and they work phenomenal. I was even able to retrieve a set of keys I'd accidentally left at TSA while applying for TSA Precheck but had no idea where in the airport / parking lot I'd misplaced my keys. I selected "Notify when found" in my iPhone's Tile app and got my key's location inside the airport TSA office from another Tile user passing nearby. When I called TSA they had no report of any found keys... but when I got there I showed them my keys were inside their office... and when I hit "Find" we heard them inside an unoccupied TSA person's desk drawer. Amazing... and proves Tile's power of crowd sourced lost item recovery.

If your Tile goes out of range, the Tile app will display your Tile's last location on a map... Not only a great place to start looking but typically reminds me where I left my keys.

You can also find your phone by double pressing the "e" on any of your Tiles. No Find iPhone required.

Find Your Keys, Wallet & Phone with Tile’s Bluetooth Tracker and Save Up to 30%. | Tile

img_family.png

I second the vote for Tile--I was an early adopter. Newer Tiles are smaller, lighter, better battery and audio. And with the growing critical mass of other Tile owners, your odds of getting an object back go up rapidly. It has helped me find keys around the house. Nothing lost out of the house.

Amazing... and proves Tile's power of crowd sourced lost item recovery.

I had no idea Tile's were crowd sourced! That's pretty cool. I might have to pick up a few for my things that tend to disappear.

OP - Have you checked in all of your cat's favorite hiding places? Including the clothes hamper? She also might have batted it under something like the couch or the refrigerator.

I'm positive I accidentally recycled one of my house/car keys. I put a pile of paper to go out where I usually put my keys, and couldn't find them the next day after I'd taken said paper out to the recycling bin. Unfortunately the recycling truck comes before I am awake in the morning so I couldn't search the bin.

To add to the klepto cat stories:
Literal cat-burglar regularly brings owner stolen undies