Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if animal control is active in your area, get animal control on it and get it out of there. you dont know what the animal knows or where its going to go.

Never do this- animal control takes to county or city shelter- and during kitten season- which it is- the cat will be destroyed after a few days

Make a lot of noise entering your car, beep horn as you are backing up- go very slow.

I have an outdoor cat I adopted and made indoors she hated it the first month- now she's so happy inside always - it takes time but very worth it.

Never do this- animal control takes to county or city shelter- and during kitten season- which it is- the cat will be destroyed after a few days
Make a lot of noise entering your car, beep horn as you are backing up- go very slow.
I have an outdoor cat I adopted and made indoors she hated it the first month- now she's so happy inside always - it takes time but very worth it.

Also correct. Thanks for the backup on this about Animal Kill-trol.

Outside feral cats are 100% domestic breeds that haven't yet had the chance in life to obtain a good home. They can live outside for a while, but will get sick or be eaten or have "accidents" that will cut their life span to at best 25%. Lolli, sleeping next to me, is an example. Was a feral last 2 seasons, and now lives (almost peacefully) inside. Love him, even though he's still partly wild. But to save his life we had to bring him and his brother in. The brother is living in another household, somewhere.

OK, so maybe not everyone reading this thread is a cat person, but I respect the OP in not wishing to harm the kitty and making the effort to post the question seeking answers that would formulate a positive resolve for the animal.

I was going to say change the rear O2 sensor. Then remembered where I was.

My cat lives indoors as I don’t want her dead. I have known of a few cats that got run over, even by backing cars. So I don’t know what to tell you other than “move slowly and hope the cat keeps it’s lightning fast reflexes”.

Reactions: C141medic
Also correct. Thanks for the backup on this about Animal Kill-trol.

Outside feral cats are 100% domestic breeds that haven't yet had the chance in life to obtain a good home. They can live outside for a while, but will get sick or be eaten or have "accidents" that will cut their life span to at best 25%. Lolli, sleeping next to me, is an example. Was a feral last 2 seasons, and now lives (almost peacefully) inside. Love him, even though he's still partly wild. But to save his life we had to bring him and his brother in. The brother is living in another household, somewhere.

OK, so maybe not everyone reading this thread is a cat person, but I respect the OP in not wishing to harm the kitty and making the effort to post the question seeking answers that would formulate a positive resolve for the animal.
Totally off topic for a car discussion, but it's also important to keep cats inside to prevent them from killing wildlife. They are murder machines even if well fed. I grew up with an indoor/outdoor cat and we just thought her hunting was part of "nature". Makes me sad now that I'm an adult and realize how stressed our ecosystems are.

Can't say that it's the OP's responsibility to adopt every cat that comes his/her way, though.