Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat stuck/rescued from Tesla Model S motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poor kitty, I had something similar happen 20 years ago, except it was a reverse situation. The car was not mine, but the cat was.

We barely got him out and we were getting really worried because he was there for hours, it was getting dark and unlike a Tesla there are far more moving parts in a gas car. We never took him outside again. (Which he was most likely thankful for since he never liked being outside to begin with, what he was less thankful for is the bath after)

I understand concerns about the story, but it did have a positive outcome.

Maybe the forum should name the kitty, and recommend the first negative commenter in the news should foster or adopt this kitty. Conversely, perhaps a preemptive strike would be to get this story out with the positive ending, possibly involving someone in the media who has neutrally reviewed and positively recommended a Tesla.

Scotty

Maybe the forum should name the kitty, and recommend the first negative commenter in the news should foster or adopt this kitty. Conversely, perhaps a preemptive strike would be to get this story out with the positive ending, possibly involving someone in the media who has neutrally reviewed and positively recommended a Tesla.

Scotty
Tesla's cat that inspired him was Macak. :)

Nikola Tesla said:
In the dusk of the evening, as I stroked Macak’s back, I saw a miracle that made me speechless with amazement. Macak’s back was a sheet of light and my hand produced a shower of sparks loud enough to be heard all over the house.

You Model S owners just HAD to trump the Roadster owners by getting a cat IN the motor. #ShowOffsNeverDoWellInLife

Cats on my Roadster!

I normally park in the garage but I must have been doing something that I had to put the car on the street. So imagine my surprise when I come out and take the attached picture. I think felines are just jealous that dogs get to go for a ride in them all the time. #schrodingersteslacat

Batcat.jpg

A moderator may be combining threads.

Ok, I'll give him that. But something to say about it would have been nice, but I concur it is unnecessary and absent a moderator combining threads, it isn't really confusing. I guess I'm more used to other forums where they would be a mod note about the merging of threads to help clarify.

Thanks for making the suggestion. It does indeed change my perspective on the post. :)

Scotty

Positive... negative... you do realize that motor runs on AC, right?

Cats are great at catching rides. I once found a kitten 25 miles from his home, he had caught a ride in the engine compartment of a car. He was hungry and angry but otherwise fine.

So a ride in a Tesla must have been like being driven around in a limo.