Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cat urine on passenger seat...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took cat to the vet in a carrier resting on passenger seat in M3. Peed all over passenger seat... I had car cleaning wipes and paper towel and used immediately. No stains on car seat. But it’s been a few days and the odour is still there. If you’ve ever smelled cat urine, you know how awful this is. Thoughts on removing odour from car/seat? Not sure what’s safe to use on these seats. Thanks!

As a long time cat owner, I will tell you (if you don't already know), that you're in a tough spot - cat pee is a tough one.

I second using an enzymatic agent. Test for staining (especially if you have white seats) and then use copious amounts - saturate the area (though I am not sure about electronics such as the seat heater). Hopefully that takes care of it; might take a couple of rounds.

Good luck: I feel bad for you!

Get yourself a Bissel machine. They are relatively inexpensive but work wonders. The key thing is you can only get the smell out if you get the urine out. Wipes, sprays, odor killers just *try* to neutralize it. The Bissel (or similar machine) soaks the area with water and detergent which dissolves the dirt/urine and then sucks it out of the seat again. This way you really get it out.

I have used it on cat urine, vomit, spilled milk shakes and other nastiy stuff. I usually do two or three passes and then finally do another pass just with clean water to also get the detergent out. In fact I do that about twice a year to all my seats.

Try Nature's Miracle. I have been using it for years, it worked pretty well.

61xe6HG2oQL._SX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Mira...3&sprefix=nature's+miracle+cat,aps,204&sr=8-4

Get yourself a Bissel machine. They are relatively inexpensive but work wonders. The key thing is you can only get the smell out if you get the urine out. Wipes, sprays, odor killers just *try* to neutralize it. The Bissel (or similar machine) soaks the area with water and detergent which dissolves the dirt/urine and then sucks it out of the seat again. This way you really get it out.

I have used it on cat urine, vomit, spilled milk shakes and other nastiy stuff. I usually do two or three passes and then finally do another pass just with clean water to also get the detergent out. In fact I do that about twice a year to all my seats.
Does that penetrate the vegan leather to get into the foam and back out?

Took cat to the vet in a carrier resting on passenger seat in M3. Peed all over passenger seat... I had car cleaning wipes and paper towel and used immediately. No stains on car seat. But it’s been a few days and the odour is still there. If you’ve ever smelled cat urine, you know how awful this is. Thoughts on removing odour from car/seat? Not sure what’s safe to use on these seats. Thanks!
Can’t help with idea for what happened but in future put towel in carrier for cats comfort and to help if problem happens again

I can’t imagine what it will smell like with the seat heater on. I’ve had cats too and too bad you didn’t have the cat carrier on a all-weather cargo mat in the back. At least you’d have a chance getting the odor out. I think there’s a good chance of replacing the seat. Don’t wait until Summer time.

I can’t imagine what it will smell like with the seat heater on. I’ve had cats too and too bad you didn’t have the cat carrier on a all-weather cargo mat in the back. At least you’d have a chance getting the odor out. I think there’s a good chance of replacing the seat. Don’t wait until Summer time.

I wanted to buckle her carrier in with the seatbelt ... never again haha. Any idea what it costs to replace the seat bottom?