Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Catch Tesla LA-NY Trip Team

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fortunes: Your plan was a good one, sorry it did not work out especially since you had media with you. I know they have to stop in Newark, DE., unfortunately it appears to be in the middle of the night. While I know my wife and daughter will think I am crazy (they are right) I do plan to meet them. I would like to bring along some of their favorite drinks/munchies. Anyone take note what they seem to be consuming other than coffee? I was thinking some 'Red Bull' (noticed it on the dash in one of the early tweets) and pretzels/chips.

thanks

Team has reached Mishawaka.

Updated arrival times @ 15:00 ET
Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET (Confirmed)
Murdo, SD - 19:30 ET (Confirmed)
Mitchell, SD - 23:00 ET (Confirmed)
Worthington, MN - 2:00ET (Comfirmed)
Albert Lea, MN - 3:30 ET (Confirmed) [Bravo J in MN, Vexar]
La Crosse, WI - 6:00 ET (Confirmed)
Mauston, WI - 8:30 ET (Confirmed)
Madison, WI - 9:30 ET (Skipped)
Highland Park, IL - 11:45 ET (Confirmed)
Mishawaka, IN - 15:00 ET (Confirmed)
Angola, IN - 16:00 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 17:30 ET
Macedonia, OH - 20:00 ET

Last edited:
Team reached Macedonia at about 8:20 PM ET. I was the only other Tesla there for most of the time, one other arrived later. I had a very enjoyable chat with a few members of the team. A videographer sent by the shopping strip owner along with several non-owner enthusiasts were also there to great the team.

A few notes: The other Model S (not part of the team) was driven by a woman from Canton, OH (sorry, but I didn't get her name), and was multi-coat red, allowing me to confirm that the cross-country cars were that identical standard color, not a custom color, though they were decorated with the white decals shown in the tweets.

Also, according to one team member, the cars are standard P85 models with one charger, body-color roofs, and 19 inch all-season tires. Tire "chains" (cables, actually) were essential in the Rocky-Mountain snows.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks! Looking forward to the pictures
Here's a pic of some of our disappointed Madison contingency waiting by the East Towne Tesla supercharger. Some of the guys got there at 6:30am!
IMG_2418.JPG

We were hoping they would stop by, but they went straight from Mauston,WI to Rockford, IL, skipping Madison. We understand, though.

Later we received a special apology via a member of the Tesla crew who is a UW Madison grad. http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Tesl.../view/16529017

Maybe we'll be invited to meet Elon Musk when he comes through later this year, instead?

Here's a pic of some of our disappointed Madison contingency waiting by the East Towne Tesla supercharger. Some of the guys got there at 6:30am!

We were hoping they would stop by, but they went straight from Mauston,WI to Rockford, IL, skipping Madison. We understand, though.

Later we received a special apology via a member of the Tesla crew who is a UW Madison grad. http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Tesl.../view/16529017

Maybe we'll be invited to meet Elon Musk when he comes through later this year, instead?
Here is an idea what if Elon was at the grand opening of Wisconsin superchargers or JB Straubel since he is from Wisconsin?

Last edited: