Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Catch Tesla LA-NY Trip Team

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated arrival times
Rapid City, SD - 17:00 ET (Confirmed)
Murdo, SD - 19:30 ET (Confirmed)
Mitchell, SD - 22:00 ET
Worthington, MN - 00:00 to 00:30 ET (May skip)
Albert Lea, MN - 2:00 to 2:30 ET
La Crosse, WI - 4:30 ET (May skip)
Mauston, WI - 5:30 ET to 6:00 ET
Madison, WI - 6:30 ET to 7:00 ET
Rockford, IL - 8:00 ET (May skip)
Mishawaka, IN - 11:30 ET
Angola, IN - 12:30 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 14:00 ET
Macedonia, OH - 16:00 ET

Last edited:
Updated arrival times
If they skip La Crosse,WI they might have to stop at Mauston,WI because it is about 260 miles between Albert Lea,MN and Madison,WI

Updated arrival times

Just to make sure I'm clear - they will arrive in Mishawauka IN at 11:30a ET tomorrow morning? (Sat. Feb. 1)

Updated arrival times

They departed Mitchell at 22:15 CT (23:15 ET).

From their last few stops, I estimate a 45 minute stop with a 60mph road average.
This will put them in Worthington at 01:15 ET, leaving at 02:00 ET.
Arrive at Albert Lea at 04:00 ET. Bit too late for me. Please pass along my well wishes!

Updated arrival times
Mitchell, SD - 23:00 ET
Worthington, MN - 1:15 to 2:00ET (May skip)
Albert Lea, MN - 3:30 to 4:00 ET
La Crosse, WI - 6:00 ET (May skip)
Mauston, WI - 7:00 ET to 7:30 ET
Madison, WI - 8:00 ET to 8:30 ET
Rockford, IL - 9:30 ET (May skip)
Mishawaka, IN - 13:00 ET
Angola, IN - 14:00 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 15:30 ET
Macedonia, OH - 17:30 ET

Last edited:
They arrived in Albert Lea ~3:30AM (EST). I'm guessing that is a TMC member? Good work!

BfYAl2YCMAAexsZ.jpg

Crossposting from the thread mentioned above by sp4rk. Would help if we merge the thread.

Updated arrival times @ 1:00 ET
Mitchell, SD - 23:00 ET (Confirmed)
Worthington, MN - 2:00ET (Comfirmed)
Albert Lea, MN - 3:30 ET (Confirmed) [Bravo J in MN, Vexar]
La Crosse, WI - 6:00 ET (Confirmed)
Mauston, WI - 8:30 ET (Confirmed)
Madison, WI - 9:30 ET (Skipped)
Highland Park, IL - 11:45 ET (Confirmed)
Mishawaka, IN - 14:30 ET
Angola, IN - 15:30 ET (will skip)
Maumee, OH - 17:00 ET
Macedonia, OH - 19:00 ET

Last edited:
Really DUMB decisions being made....absolutely no communication en route (even though they are tweeting responses to some, they ignored MULTIPLE tweets regarding Madison) and poor route planning.

They hit the La Crosse SpC, then 70 miles later hit the the Mauston SpC, then SKIPPED the Madison SpC (which is almost EXACTLY midway between La Crosse and Highland Park). We had 5 people waiting in Madison including a member of the media :mad:.

If they truly meant to minimize charge time it made NO sense to charge to 91% (tapering down to 76A) in Mauston when they could have skipped Mauston entirely and charged without tapering in Madison.

Left Highland Park, and on their way.

Have to give them / drivers and David MAJOR credit ... I drove towards Highland Park ... 20 miles ... the roads have not been plowed ... 3-4 inches and people driving 70, fishtailing near me so I simply said, as much as I am "into" Tesla , this is simply not worth it.
My car is more capable than my brain?
Thanks David for being the only person to make it there ...

Photo credit: David R. May.

- - - Updated - - -

Really DUMB decisions being made....absolutely no communication en route (even though they are tweeting responses to some, they ignored MULTIPLE tweets regarding Madison) and poor route planning.

They hit the La Crosse SpC, then 70 miles later hit the the Mauston SpC, then SKIPPED the Madison SpC (which is almost EXACTLY midway between La Crosse and Highland Park). We had 5 people waiting in Madison including a member of the media :mad:.

If they truly meant to minimize charge time it made NO sense to charge to 91% (tapering down to 76A) in Mauston when they could have skipped Mauston entirely and charged without tapering in Madison.
Others have commented (off forum) about this and we think maybe they do not want to encourage "visitors" as the roads are so bad in areas that liability may play a role?
In addition, having hundreds of potential owners following them could slow them down and ... ? They do not want us seeing version 6 yet ...
FWIW, unless they had actually tweeted where they were headed next, there was no way us locals who were watching progress would have gone to Rockford or anywhere to meet them there.
They had to drive along I-90 within "a mile" from me but no way I was going to take a photo of them as I'd wait an hour and "blink" and you miss them!
No offense but they never said "next stop Madison"? Did they?

Attachments

• 2014020195110324.jpg
    2014020195110324.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 198
Left Highland Park, and on their way.

Have to give them / drivers and David MAJOR credit ... I drove towards Highland Park ... 20 miles ... the roads have not been plowed ... 3-4 inches and people driving 70, fishtailing near me so I simply said, as much as I am "into" Tesla , this is simply not worth it.
My car is more capable than my brain?
Thanks David for being the only person to make it there ...

Photo credit: David R. May.

- - - Updated - - -

Others have commented (off forum) about this and we think maybe they do not want to encourage "visitors" as the roads are so bad in areas that liability may play a role?
In addition, having hundreds of potential owners following them could slow them down and ... ? They do not want us seeing version 6 yet ...
FWIW, unless they had actually tweeted where they were headed next, there was no way us locals who were watching progress would have gone to Rockford or anywhere to meet them there.
They had to drive along I-90 within "a mile" from me but no way I was going to take a photo of them as I'd wait an hour and "blink" and you miss them!
No offense but they never said "next stop Madison"? Did they?

Did you read my entire post? If so, explain logistically to me how Mauston made sense if they were trying to "minimize charge time."

I wasn't arguing any of your points ...
Merely stated that unless we'd gotten a tweet confirming next stop is "X", I'd not go out my way to meet them somewhere "logical".
Feel sorry for you and your posse! :(

Thanks for the response...pretty annoying to ASSUME they would do what made sense (based on their stated goal), ask them MULTIPLE times IF they were coming to Madison and then sit there for 2 1/2 hours because they never responded.