Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Categories of most screwed Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD package might increase its price over time with ever redefining feature sets, to a point even more expensive than the car's price. But the moment FSD becomes real autonomous, people will stop their Tesla cars ownership because they can easily hail an FSD cab through Tesla Network.

I dunno. I really like the freedom of having my own vehicle.

Reactions: Kant.Ing
Hmmm.....

Looks like they are giving away EAP for FREE now!!!!

More screwing goin on.

Thanks Tesla for charging me $5k for what is now free.

I used to feel guilty for using SuperChargers for free.....now? lol

Just as long as you balance that out with how Tesla screwed customers by...
  • Giving them free DashCam.
  • Giving them free Sentry.
  • Giving them updated maps and navigation over the air when most competitors make you pay hundreds.
  • Increase Supercharger speed with a software update.
  • Give you more charging options by giving free destination chargers to desirable destinations.
  • Expanding what you can do with the smartphone app when most competitors make you pay monthly for 1/10 the capability.
  • Tesla has added literally over a hundred features for free for customers...
So who is really "screwed?"
So at the end of the day, I think the only people who are really screwed are those who paid Model S money for an Audi, Mercedes, or BMW, only to find that the car they bought keeps getting worse with age where every Tesla sold gets better with age due to software updates, free features courtesy of Tesla, and better ownership due to infrastructure expansion by Tesla (supercharger expansion for example).

The only caveat to this is how Tesla messed up some of the functionality and reliability of USB media player and have yet to fix that. I can't wait for the day when Tesla finally fixes the USB media player as USB media remains my only issue with the software in the Model S. The day I can get back in the car to find the USB media player reliably resumes music would be a awesome :)

Last edited:
We bought our car at probably the highest price there was. Same car is now $20K-$30K less. If we waited a couple of weeks we would have HW2.5... Do I feel screwed? No, not really. It is what it is. We made an informed decision there and then and we love the car.

What I don't like is that they don't keep their word on FSD. We bought our car with EAP. FSD is an add-on to EAP. It specifically said that you can buy it before delivery for a certain price or after delivery for a couple of hundred dollars more. It never said - like it says now on the site- that the after delivery price could increase. No, we made a verbal agreement that the after delivery price would be that. We also never opted out for FSD. It was always in the planning to get it as soon as FSD features came available. And now they don't keep their word as the price of the add-on is thousands of dollars more. Hack, my FSD price is the same as the FSD price bought now, though the add-ones are less as I got EAP which already has a lot of FSD features. Tesla should correct this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank42
We bought our car at probably the highest price there was. Same car is now $20K-$30K less. If we waited a couple of weeks we would ha HW2.5... Do I feel screwed? No, not really. It is what it is. We made an informed decision there and then and we love the car.

What I don't like is that they don't keep their word on FSD. We bought our car with EAP. FSD is an add-on to EAP. It specifically said that you can buy it before delivery for a certain price or after delivery for a couple of hundred dollars more. It never said - like it says now on the site- that the after delivery price could increase. No, we made a verbal agreement that the after delivery price would be that. We also never opted out for FSD. It was always in the planning to get it as soon as FSD features came available. And now they don't keep their word as the price of the add-on is thousands of dollars more. Hack, my FSD price is the same as the FSD price bought now, though the add-ones are less as I got EAP which already has a lot of FSD features. Tesla should correct this.

For a while didn't Tesla offer FSD for $2K extra? Can you reach out to them to see if they would honor that, as that price would be less than the after delivery price you were quoted.

Reactions: Dutchie
  • Giving them updated maps and navigation over the air when most competitors make you pay hundreds.
  • Give you more charging options by giving free destination chargers to desirable destinations.
  • Expanding what you can do with the smartphone app when most competitors make you pay monthly for 1/10 the capability.
So at the end of the day, I think the only people who are really screwed are those who paid Model S money for an Audi, Mercedes, or BMW, only to find that the car they bought keeps getting worse with age where every Tesla sold gets better with age due to software updates, free features courtesy of Tesla, and better ownership due to infrastructure expansion by Tesla (supercharger expansion for example).

The only caveat to this is how Tesla messed up some of the functionality and reliability of USB media player and have yet to fix that. I can't wait for the day when Tesla finally fixes the USB media player as USB media remains my only issue with the software in the Model S. The day I can get back in the car to find the USB media player reliably resumes USB music would be a awesome :)

This is a great point. Thanks for that.

Well sorry guys but you'll get no sympathy from me. Tesla and all EV owners are on the bleeding edge of technology, early adopters, and as such every six months (or sooner) there will be something better and cheaper. And by the way, that's a good thing, and we should all want Tesla to survive and be profitable because if they aren't around our cars will really depreciate in value. I paid almost $2K for an IBM compatible XT computer with amber screen and a 10 meg hard drive back in the mid 1980's and at the time I was damn excited to have it. I was an early adopter. Thinking back that wasn't exactly a great long term computer solution especially considering what I spent in today's dollars! Yes, if you wait you can buy a Tesla for less and probably get a better car. But if you purchased a Tesla bite your tongue and enjoy your ride! And watch this damn video,

The only caveat to this is how Tesla messed up some of the functionality and reliability of USB media player and have yet to fix that. I can't wait for the day when Tesla finally fixes the USB media player as USB media remains my only issue with the software in the Model S. The day I can get back in the car to find the USB media player reliably resumes music would be a awesome :)

If you are able to follow me in TMC you will find that Tesla has no larger fan than myself. Which is the sole reason for my disappointments in Tesla in this thread.

I really don't need to be reminded of the success of Tesla is I equally rant about those in tons of other threads.

May passion is for their success and topics such as these don't assist in their success - IMHO.

I will NEVER be one sided concerning Telsa...so......

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Taking the delivery in 3 days for this any idea if it’s a good or bad deal??

Attachments

• 8EA87BBA-92A8-49F0-A4BE-4CF4632DBE70.jpeg
    8EA87BBA-92A8-49F0-A4BE-4CF4632DBE70.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 78
How many people want their cars to be used as Taxis? Not me.

These frequent price and feature changes are really frustrating since they make the Tesla look bad. You want your car to represent both great engineering (check) and great business competence (hmmm).