Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cats, animals, rodents living inside Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kept hearing noises in my Tesla and complained to Service that the brakes were squeaking or making a humming sound.

Recently I was driving and I really thought I heard meowing.

I stopped and found my cat had hitched a ride inside the wheel well! (Is that even what the space is called?)

Now with more observation, I've found that cats are often staying inside the wells - sometimes one in each!

I did a Google and found that many cats have had to be removed by Tesla from inside the cars.

It took me 90 minutes to get my cat out - - AND THERE WAS NO CELL RECEPTION to call the fire truck or Tesla Service.

Can anyone please respond to this?

Why does it seem Teslas in general seem to attract cats and animals?

Are a lot of "lost and found cats" from Teslas?

Can someone get Elon Musk to contact me? I want to help design a "cat guard" / rodent guard to keep them out! No wonder the Tesla range is decreasing. It's these CATS GETTING FREE RIDES!!

I'd like Elon Musk to let me trade my p100d for a Founder's Edition Roadster. Because cats think those are too scary fast... and will run away like a scaredy cat!

Attachments

• cat in Tesla.jpg
    cat in Tesla.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Informative
Reactions: play150 and fseir
I kept hearing noises in my Tesla and complained to Service that the brakes were squeaking or making a humming sound.

Recently I was driving and I really thought I heard meowing.

I stopped and found my cat had hitched a ride inside the wheel well! (Is that even what the space is called?)

Now with more observation, I've found that cats are often staying inside the wells - sometimes one in each!

I did a Google and found that many cats have had to be removed by Tesla from inside the cars.

It took me 90 minutes to get my cat out - - AND THERE WAS NO CELL RECEPTION to call the fire truck or Tesla Service.

Can anyone please respond to this?

Why does it seem Teslas in general seem to attract cats and animals?

Are a lot of "lost and found cats" from Teslas?

Can someone get Elon Musk to contact me? I want to help design a "cat guard" / rodent guard to keep them out! No wonder the Tesla range is decreasing. It's these CATS GETTING FREE RIDES!!

I'd like Elon Musk to let me trade my p100d for a Founder's Edition Roadster. Because cats think those are too scary fast... and will run away like a scaredy cat!
Maybe Teslas sound like electric can openers?

But seriously, glad your cat is ok.