Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cats on my Roadster!

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
So not only does it repel pests and wash your car, it handles your morning shower, too. Very efficient. :) Bring your toothbrush!

Last edited:

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
photo (3).JPG

I think I have it solved.

benji4

Roadster 2.5 #0476
Nov 7, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
It seems one of the cats decided to jump from the soft top of the car onto the hood, and it looks as if he must have openned his claws to try and get a grip as there are 2 parallel paw-sized scratch marks that slide about 5 inches down the top piece of the hood. The aren't too deep so they can probably be buffed out, but kind of a shame. Anyway, I know now that they do open their claws sometimes!

benji4

Roadster 2.5 #0476
Nov 7, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
Oh yeah, those claws are a cats TC. They are extended within milliseconds of pad slippage detection.

That's exactly what it looked like -- a spot at the very top where the paws hit, and just below that the scratch marks started as if the claws came out instantly as the cat realized it was starting to slide down the hood. Too bad the cat's TC can't be turned off like with the car!

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Have you been searching for a cat on a roadster picture since this thread started, or???
Nope. It just randomly happened to show up soon after this thread was started. I wasn't even searching for anything like it, but when I saw it, I knew where it belonged.

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC