Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cats on my Roadster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A big dog jumped up and scratched my door the other day. He came running toward the car and I tried to accelerate out of the way but couldn't make it in time. Maybe we need to start a "dog's on my Roadster" thread? Good news: I was able to buff the scratch out.

215812_1914823552449_1297757602_2213782_170958_n.jpg

How many pictures did this person take and why didn't they "shoo" the cat off the darn car?
205832_10150297579537801_18790602800_7811287_6884701_n.jpg

Edit: ...and why are my pics always so small?

...let's stay on topic: cats. http://youtu.be/EJHsbVvGPaY

Everyone at the office now thinks I'm insane from the maniacal laughter your video caused VolkerP.

Anyway, seriously, has this not been mentioned? I use this to keep my wife's two cats off my Roadster. Works great. Once they get the idea (a few days) they don't even try anymore. Just have to put it back on them every few months to remind them when they try it again:
PetSafe Indoor Cat Fence: Wireless Cat Fence

And no, my cats aren't glowing, although who knows if they will live quite as long! Just don't accidentally hold it touching your hand and go near the transmitter. (Oops. Won't make that mistake again.)

Last edited:
It's a single large flat box (not boxes), somewhat crushed at this point. It doesn't really keep the cats off the Roadster, but it does do a fine job protecting the car. I think it's crushed because one of the cats likes to drop down from the rafters onto the car & the box is now the landing zone. I got wise to that when the soft top supports were bowed in the opposite direction one morning. The box seems to eliminate that problem, too.

Really, you need the cats with the box so that you can be appropriately impressed with what a great job that box does. Without the cats, it's just a box.