Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAV Decal 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent in on 1/21
Check hasn't cleared yet
USPS Informed Delivery shows something from DMV D238 so I am worried that there was a problem with my application.
Called today to check on status of my application. Nothing in system for my license plate. They are processing applications that were received the week of 1/13 so they don't think they've gotten to my application yet, but I'm guessing they return the application cause it's missing something.

I just got my stickers this past week as well. I understand the directions ask you to place them on the lower bumpers. Has anyone placed them on the rear quarter window or rear glass? I did that with my i3 and did not have an issue with CHP, etc. This made removing the stickers really easy with a razor blade.

i had yellow stickers on my 2006 prius. about a week after getting them, someone rear-ended me on 880 doing minor damage to the bumper. unfortunately it needed paint and i had to remove the stickers/get new ones. big hassle. from that point forward, i started putting all of my stickers above the bumper line on the quarter panels and putting the small sticker on the hatchback right above the bumper. i did this with the 2006 prius, a 2010 plug-in prius, a 2011 leaf and a 2017 bolt, and we never had a problem ever. i still put the front sticker on the bumper though, since i don't think there was any way around that. the white stickers only came in sets of 3, no front sticker.

just about the only thing that happened to me once was that i was running in the carpool lane on 880S near the tesla factory way back in 2007 and a motorcycle cop came up to me and gestured a bunch of stuff and then took off. i assume he couldn't see the stickers or something and was trying to tell me i was illegally in the carpool lane but he had something else do do. i doubt this had anything to do with the sticker placement.

some people have mentioned putting the stickers on magnets so that they can be easily removed, but i think they'd get stolen. back when the prius was the only car eligible for this it seemed like stealing them would be stupid but now there are so many cars eligible and so many cars that had stickers and became ineligible that stealing a set might seem attractive to some.

i guess one thing you could do is stick them to a magnet and then use a clear bra type product to tape them down. that way you could remove them without peeling off the reflective layer if you had to and the clear material would probably stop someone from trying to steal them.

Haven't been here for awhile and wanted see what the concensus is regarding placement. 2018 1/3 or the 2020 2/2 but read a lot about concern with CAV decal and placing it on ppf for 4 years. well...

There are a ton of how to install with ppf. how to remove bare sticker on bumper but without going more than a page or 2 on youtube, she is the only one that show the cavdecal on ppf cured on car and remove it unlike those new install where people just pull it off while wet.
anyway, dirt dring with any sticker thingy is unavoidable and imo that will stay for a lot longer with no problem with the amount of force she needed to remove it. I think most importantly, with how she has to pull it off, we would be given ample warning if our sticket is going to come off. it is not go *opps there goes the sticker because a powerful stream of water/wind hit it...

by the way:

car picked up 12/18/2019
plates received 1/13/2020
reg1000 mailed 1/14/2020
check cashed 2/6/2020
stickers received 2/14/2020

still have no idea how to apply the stickers given that the printed insert shows the old way and the website shows the 2 small stickers on the front.

Im so confused cause our state makes everything a mess. If you make above the 65K threshold, can you still get the damn sticker post 1/1/2020?

i don't see why not, we're far above that threshold had no problems. as far as i know the means testing is only for eligibility for the cash rebate.

i have 4 orange stickers in my possession for my 2020 m3.

Reactions: jboy210
i had yellow stickers on my 2006 prius. about a week after getting them, someone rear-ended me on 880 doing minor damage to the bumper. unfortunately it needed paint and i had to remove the stickers/get new ones. big hassle. from that point forward, i started putting all of my stickers above the bumper line on the quarter panels and putting the small sticker on the hatchback right above the bumper. i did this with the 2006 prius, a 2010 plug-in prius, a 2011 leaf and a 2017 bolt, and we never had a problem ever. i still put the front sticker on the bumper though, since i don't think there was any way around that. the white stickers only came in sets of 3, no front sticker.

just about the only thing that happened to me once was that i was running in the carpool lane on 880S near the tesla factory way back in 2007 and a motorcycle cop came up to me and gestured a bunch of stuff and then took off. i assume he couldn't see the stickers or something and was trying to tell me i was illegally in the carpool lane but he had something else do do. i doubt this had anything to do with the sticker placement.

some people have mentioned putting the stickers on magnets so that they can be easily removed, but i think they'd get stolen. back when the prius was the only car eligible for this it seemed like stealing them would be stupid but now there are so many cars eligible and so many cars that had stickers and became ineligible that stealing a set might seem attractive to some.

i guess one thing you could do is stick them to a magnet and then use a clear bra type product to tape them down. that way you could remove them without peeling off the reflective layer if you had to and the clear material would probably stop someone from trying to steal them.

Clean-Cling Vehicle Decals & Home Decor

recently got my orange HOV stickers and i dont need them most of the time so this was the best solution i’ve found!

Check cashed 1/22.. NOTHING yet.. hmm.
Boy, this is kind of too long now. I would think two weeks max between cashed and delivery.

if you want, you can pay another $22 and submit a lost decal form. I had to do this once and a month later 2 full sets of stickers showed up together (lol).

Envelope likely lost somewhere between DMV and USPS???

I wish you the best of luck

Boy, this is kind of too long now. I would think two weeks max between cashed and delivery.

if you want, you can pay another $22 and submit a lost decal form. I had to do this once and a month later 2 full sets of stickers showed up together (lol).

Envelope likely lost somewhere between DMV and USPS???

I wish you the best of luck

Thanks AZjohninCA.. It seems that the stickers arrived about sixteen hours after my post! LOL!! Go figure!
I guess the hamsters at the USPS read this forum too. LOL

All good now..

Now to put these on some PPF and then apply it to the car..

Reactions: AZjohnInCA