Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAV Decal 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you considering sending your HOV application with a temporary plate number, be forewarned.

Sent application for HOV DECAL 1/12 with temporary plate number

Received letter yesterday from DMV that I had to wait until my permanent registration/plate number was received. I just mailed it off again since I got those last week.

For those of you considering sending your HOV application with a temporary plate number, be forewarned.

Received letter yesterday from DMV that I had to wait until my permanent registration/plate number was received. I just mailed it off again since I got those last week.

How long did you send your application after you picked up your car in person? I sent my application about 3 weeks I picked up my car, about 3 weeks ago from now. Not sure if that's going to affect anything.

Picked up car (Tesla Buena Park location) - 1/18
Mailed Application and check (with temp plate and VIN) - 2/10
Received "Notice of Incomplete Application for CAV Decals" (with date stamp of 2/25) - 3/7...

Two of the reasons why it didn't process through was:
- The dealership has started the process to register the vehicle in your name, but it is incomplete. Please resubmit the application after a registration card is issued in your name.
- Records indicate there is a pending transaction on file as of 02/20/2020. Please resubmit your application once the transaction has been completed.

Did Tesla really took a f**king month to start the process to register my car? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Picked up car (Tesla Buena Park location) - 1/18
Mailed Application and check (with temp plate and VIN) - 2/10
Received "Notice of Incomplete Application for CAV Decals" (with date stamp of 2/25) - 3/7...

Two of the reasons why it didn't process through was:
- The dealership has started the process to register the vehicle in your name, but it is incomplete. Please resubmit the application after a registration card is issued in your name.
- Records indicate there is a pending transaction on file as of 02/20/2020. Please resubmit your application once the transaction has been completed.

Did Tesla really took a f**king month to start the process to register my car? This is absolutely ridiculous.

No official license plate. Likely get rejected. Some get through but not you.

That's weird. I was able to get my decals using my temporary registration.

I seem to remember the need for permanent plates was stated in on of the FAQs on the DMV site.

Of course, so I can go 85mph instead of 75mph /s.

In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't applied for HOV sticker right now, if this situation were to continue for majority of the rest of the year...

theres no guarantee the program would not be discontinued, the carpool lanes are filled to the max now with sticker riders

maybe soon it will be only for cars that have solar panels built in :rolleyes: