TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cave B. EV friendly resort in Quincy.

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by PhilBa, May 31, 2015.

1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Stayed there this weekend. Really nice resort, great restaurant, winery with tasting and they have 2 HPWCs and a Clipper Creek j1772 charger. Would recommend it to anyone.

What a difference from a year ago where they only had complete disinterest in EVs.
    20150529_184705.jpg

2. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

Good to know! We have stayed there several times (pre-Tesla) and always enjoyed it. Their modern version of cabins overlooking the gorge are a great get away. Time for a return visit.

3. ww73

ww73 Member

The dessert yurts look interesting, but there doesn't seem to be any availability?

4. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

@ww73 Don't know about availability. I booked about 2 weeks ago. It is pretty popular.

@Nevek I wanted to stay there last year. When I called and asked about how I might charge, they weren't unfriendly but definitely weren't willing to accommodate. I went so far as to write a fairly detailed letter explaining why having a charger makes sense and how even a regular outlet could work. Deafening silence. Clearly someone in management got the message. This is why it helps to put things on paper/email.

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

What state?
    There are towns named Quincy in many states.

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

The post is in the Northwest forum, and the OP's from Seattle, which I presume is in WA because I can't find another one.

So my guess is WA.

7. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

#7 mspohr, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    I was thinking of Quincy, California which is in the Northeast corner of California... close to "NW region".

8. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

9. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I do want to point out that there is only 1 Cave B. The first page of google hits is all about the same place. Guess I should disambiguate future posts, though a guy from Maine wasn't confused... (those downeasters don't confuse easily)

Cave B is right next to a fantastic natural amphitheater known among concert goers as "The Gorge". Apparently Dave Mathews has booked the entire resort for the Labor Day weekend shows (like 4 nights).