TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cave B. EV friendly resort in Quincy.

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by PhilBa, May 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Stayed there this weekend. Really nice resort, great restaurant, winery with tasting and they have 2 HPWCs and a Clipper Creek j1772 charger. Would recommend it to anyone.

What a difference from a year ago where they only had complete disinterest in EVs.
    20150529_184705.jpg

2. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

Good to know! We have stayed there several times (pre-Tesla) and always enjoyed it. Their modern version of cabins overlooking the gorge are a great get away. Time for a return visit.

3. ww73

ww73 Member

The dessert yurts look interesting, but there doesn't seem to be any availability?

4. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

@ww73 Don't know about availability. I booked about 2 weeks ago. It is pretty popular.

@Nevek I wanted to stay there last year. When I called and asked about how I might charge, they weren't unfriendly but definitely weren't willing to accommodate. I went so far as to write a fairly detailed letter explaining why having a charger makes sense and how even a regular outlet could work. Deafening silence. Clearly someone in management got the message. This is why it helps to put things on paper/email.

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

What state?
    There are towns named Quincy in many states.

6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

The post is in the Northwest forum, and the OP's from Seattle, which I presume is in WA because I can't find another one.

So my guess is WA.

7. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

#7 mspohr, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    I was thinking of Quincy, California which is in the Northeast corner of California... close to "NW region".

8. ibdb

ibdb Any excuse for a road trip

9. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

I do want to point out that there is only 1 Cave B. The first page of google hits is all about the same place. Guess I should disambiguate future posts, though a guy from Maine wasn't confused... (those downeasters don't confuse easily)

Cave B is right next to a fantastic natural amphitheater known among concert goers as "The Gorge". Apparently Dave Mathews has booked the entire resort for the Labor Day weekend shows (like 4 nights).