Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caveat Emptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered my Model S I did so based on what I read on this forum as I couldn't test drive anywhere local (would be a 12 hour drive to the nearest Service Centre). The number of people who came from German performance/luxury brands (I've owned BMWs all my life) that simply said their Tesla is the best car they have owned was a clincher for me.

I have never regretted my decision and we are transitioning to 2 electric cars now (after two years) so obviously Tesla has done something right.

I don't miss BMW or any other ICE cars at all now. Yes there are some features I miss, but the electric drive can not be beat and the Supercharger network is amazing.

This will be my first Tesla but I love my LEAF! EV is the only thing my daughter has ever experienced and my wife and I have only ever owned EVs (though as kids our parents clearly had ICE and that's what we drove prior to college). The future is here -- it may not be perfect but it waits for no one.

Reactions: Reeler
Our MX replaced a 22 year old Plymouth minivan. My only expectation not met is that I can't find the cassette tape player in the MX... We are thrilled with the new X.

My current daily driver is a base model Volt. I also have: 2006 Ford Escape, 2008 Roadster, 1988 GMC Pick-up (289K miles), and a 1972 Pantera with NO radio. LOL Too many cars, all bought used except for the Volt. I've got a P100D ordered and it, like all Model S's, does things I never imagined! <grin> Given the opportunity, I wouldn't have paid extra for all that stuff, especially that GIANT screen. <grin> I probably won't take advantage of most of the things the car will do. I still have a flip phone and only use it when I go out of town, :) but if you want to go electric and quicker than anything else short of a million dollars, the Tesla is the only game in town. I'm not a sedan or luxury car guy, I like sports cars and EV's. I figure I'm not going to live forever and you can't take it with you so what the heck!