Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CBC News Story on EV's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is so much wrong stuff in this video. It’s not the car’s fault you idiots rerouted and went to Sarnia instead, and ended up with one of the worst chargers funded by the Ontario government!
The title of the news piece should have been, "Are these dummies ready to drive an electric car?
Because they're not"

I’m your poor cousin. We have a smart ED convertible and a Leaf. Love em both. Will be parting with the smart next year and replacing with a model 3 Tesla or a 2020 Leaf EPlus. 5 great years with our smart. Never been to a shop once.

I sometimes argue that the Smart is the best car we've ever owned. It is our daily driver and we currently do about 450km a week. Roughly speaking we've saved over $10,000 in gasoline. Which is roughly half the price of the car.

So if it lasts another 5 years you could say that it would be 'free'. ;)

I sometimes argue that the Smart is the best car we've ever owned. It is our daily driver and we currently do about 450km a week. Roughly speaking we've saved over $10,000 in gasoline. Which is roughly half the price of the car.

So if it lasts another 5 years you could say that it would be 'free'. ;)

She drives about half the distance you do but she needs to go to a hatchback next year so she has zeroed in on the Leaf plus. Our Leaf has been so bullet proof it’s hard to look at anything else. But we drove a model 3 a couple months back and it’s definetly in the running if they get a working Chademo adapter. No rush.

Last edited:
She drives about half the distance you do but she needs to go to a hatchback next year so she has zeroed in on the Leaf plus. Our Leaf has been so bullet proof it’s hard to look at anything else. But we drove a model 3 a couple months back and it’s definetly in the running if they get a working Chademo adapter. No rush.

We almost got a Leaf instead of the Smart but at the time it would have been our only car, and we didn't think it would work to drive across the city. The laughable part is that my wife now drives the Smart across the city.

I'd consider a second hand i3 for a small EV hatch. Although I'm not sure about snows for them...

Reactions: SmartElectric
Even with a micro-range car and no planning, they would have been in better shape attempting a similar trip in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, or Quebec.

Somehow, Ontario mismanaged a 20-million dollar fast-charging project enough to leave gaping holes in service.
Here’s the best part: someone else on FB looked up the route they took. There are 49 chargers along it, with more than a DOZEN level 3 chargers on it. ****ing FUDers.