Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCI from TapTes for $449

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
has anyone tried to buy it from Tesla recently...it still shows OOS on the website. I think if you buy a new on...it comes with 4 usb for the rear seat passengers.

I bought one from Tesla for my 2016 Model S back on March 8th, 2019 and it was installed on the 30th. It was sold out most of the time prior to purchasing it, and I just checked online periodically for it. I think I got lucky with the timing because last I checked, it was sold out again.

It does not come with USB ports for the rear seat, but it does come with retractable cup holders for the rear.

I went ahead and ordered mine mid May. It shipped on the 21st. and arrived 19 days later.
Installation was easier than expected based on the troubles I read people were having. Essentially, use a thin towel to avoid scratching your armrest console and push towards the front to get it in.

Quality: overall it looks like it belongs in there! great job taptes. I really hope the holds well.and I dont have issues like Wratran and others here. Will post pics later

Got mine today. Ordered on father's day.

Looks like it belongs, I second what everyone says about a towel needed to force it down under the arm rest. Got free keychain covers and a personal note which was a nice touch.

So far so good, we'll see about the wear and tear.

Attachments

• 20190717_160601.jpg
    20190717_160601.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: evalst2018
Decent. Expensive. Rattles

Ordered mine from Taptes. Reviews on their site are all 4 and 5 stars. Some referencing a suburban SUV. Most clearly fake.

Received the unit fairly quick directly from China via Air though.

Came well packaged. Mine came with no dents scratches like some other users have been posted - in better shape than I'd expected.

However, certainly not ideal. Cheap flimsy plastic, but decent overall. For the price they could and should have made it heavier, sturdier.

Overall I would be very pleased with it if not for one problem that no one seems to mention. Googl'ing didn't show any hits for 'noise / rattle'

by the way installation was fine. Just like others mentioned you do have to have some courage to push it down And then it goes into place perfectly. Make sure to use a cloth not to scratch up the existing arm rest.

At freeway speeds the next day after installing I've noticed very slight but noticeable rattling sound coming from it. After some investigation you can just bang on it slightly on the side and hear the rattle.

I'm gonna take it apart today and duck tape, foam the heck out of it. Hoping to find the culprit quick. If the rattle goes away, I'd give this product 4/5

If anyone has seen mentions of noise or rattle any other posts, I'd be interested to read

After 50,000 miles there isn't any rattle and the quality is great.

When trying to put it in, could see where there would be some loose areas, most notably the portion near the outlets that you press down on to cover that portion. I mostly leave mine open.

Because it also sits on the floor, could imagine squeaking coming from there if it's not seated correctly.

Finally, because there's a gap in a couple of spots, check to see if you have anything that slid or moved. I know that in other threads, the weird rattle from the frunk turned out to be the charge port adapter people keep in the glove box.

Alright, took about 30 min but I think I've got rid of majority of squeaks. The problem were a few screws were loose and metal washers would bang against plastic.

Also towards the stock cupholders, there's a gap I've filled with cardboard tight on both sides. It's much sturdier now and the whole process still didn't require a single screw. That part is impressive.

The mechanism that flips the 'shiny' lower portion is flimsy and mostly plastic. I'm not sure how long it will last. Probably best not to use it much. Keep open

Lastly, the insert I ordered fit it nicely, but will not close as expected. Overall, not bad

Attachments

• IMG_20210220_093447.jpg
    IMG_20210220_093447.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20210220-150705.jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-150705.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 72
I've bought mine a month ago, but I am pretty disappointed by the (lack of) service these guys provided. I live in the EU and I have explicitly asked if they have EU warehouse, so I don't have to pay customs taxes.
They told me that is the case and I won't be paying any taxes at all. Of course, they lied, shipped the console from China, and in order to get it, I had to pay all the taxes due.
I thought that will at least cover the additional expenses I had to pay, but guess what, they've stopped answering my emails - 1 month and 10 emails later I got ZERO response from them.

I would definitely not recommend doing business with these guys. If for some reason you need to get in contact with them or try to return something, you don't stand a chance.