Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter 1537264-00-B

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After searching around and getting no help from my local service center (Oakville) I am happy to say I finally got my hands on the necessary ECU in order to enable CCS Adapter support on my 21 3LR.

The Vaughan / Woodbridge Service center was happy to sell me the needed part after I put in a service request and had them message me back notifying me they had some in stock and to come pick it up.

I used Harumio to order the CCS Adapter and should receive it soon.

Keep in mind that they did make a point that my VIN was required and made sure that I was the owner.

Total price with tax was $203.40
image.jpg

Do all 2021 (and earlier) M3LRs require this upgrade to use the upcoming CCS adapter?
Mine was made in April 2021 ... IIRC
It really depends. In 2021 there were several months where the cars did not have the required charge port ECU.

There was a tracker for this on TMC but I can’t seem to find the thread right now. My Model Y from Nov 2021 does not have the ECU as Nov builds were unfortunately fitted with the old ECU.

I am just going to install myself. The process is pretty simple. They were being kinda weird when I asked them for it, they obviously know what the deal is. I assume they are near offering the retrofit/ install themselves.
Do you have any installation instructions? I'd love to see what's involved.

Got the adapter from Harumio today, works great on my white '22
Planning a big road trip and would prefer to take my '21 (P, FSD BETA, Trailer Hitch, etc....)
Really grateful you've figured this out and would love to understand what all is required.

Do you have any installation instructions? I'd love to see what's involved.

Got the adapter from Harumio today, works great on my white '22
Planning a big road trip and would prefer to take my '21 (P, FSD BETA, Trailer Hitch, etc....)
Really grateful you've figured this out and would love to understand what all is required.
Just received the adapter today as well. I plan on making a detailed install and configuration video and will post here when done. There are a couple videos on YouTube that are good.

I was thinking of doing a write up with detailed instructions but have seen more interest in just doing a video.

I am just going to install myself. The process is pretty simple. They were being kinda weird when I asked them for it, they obviously know what the deal is. I assume they are near offering the retrofit/ install themselves.
Thanks for starting this thread. Could you please explain the installation process? I’m not clear on where that Tesla part goes. Photos would be great!

Reactions: Dinevski
This is a great thread! I called my Tesla service yesterday. They still don’t have word yet on the how and when, they would begin the conversions, or the price. Fortunately, there seems to be more and more destination chargers and SC's out there. And, my 21 came with the mobile charger and adapter (J-1772).

Reactions: Dinevski
After searching around and getting no help from my local service center (Oakville) I am happy to say I finally got my hands on the necessary ECU in order to enable CCS Adapter support on my 21 3LR.

The Vaughan / Woodbridge Service center was happy to sell me the needed part after I put in a service request and had them message me back notifying me they had some in stock and to come pick it up.

I used Harumio to order the CCS Adapter and should receive it soon.

Keep in mind that they did make a point that my VIN was required and made sure that I was the owner.

Total price with tax was $203.40View attachment 822787
Just tried this now. Fingers crossed!

Anyone try this with a seven seater Model Y. The third row seat would not let the trunk trim pull away from the side.
Answering my own question… the service manual for Model Y on Tesla service website has instructions for removing and installing the the side trunk trim here: https://service.tesla.com/docs/Mode...UID-5024587E-10B9-4014-A390-7577EC6DE526.html

It’s a pain to pull the trim out from the side of the third row seat but even more difficult to insert it back all the way on reinstall. Had to lift the third row cushion out a bit (service manual again) to give enough room to get the trim all the way down before I could get the clips aligned with the sockets on the top side. Hope this helps someone else with a 7-seater.

On the positive side, I have CCS support now….