Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS adapter availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if anyone else is having difficulty purchasing a CCS Combo 1 adapter from Tesla. When I go on the Tesla website through a browser, the adapter seem to be in stock and available to purchase. When I click on the link, it takes me to the store through my Tesla app and the charging adapter is nowhere to be found. I’ve confirmed that my Model Y is compatible with the adapter. Does this simply mean the adapter is out of stock?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I’m wondering if anyone else is having difficulty purchasing a CCS Combo 1 adapter from Tesla. When I go on the Tesla website through a browser, the adapter seem to be in stock and available to purchase. When I click on the link, it takes me to the store through my Tesla app and the charging adapter is nowhere to be found. I’ve confirmed that my Model Y is compatible with the adapter. Does this simply mean the adapter is out of stock?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I should note that i live in Canada

You can only purchase if your vehicle is compatible with it. Did you check your car screen to make sure?

When you say browser do you mean on a desktop / laptop? Ive had a similar issue when using my phone. Used my laptop and it worked.

I bought it via the website, doesn't seem like it's on the app. I can't buy a second one though - I guess they capped it to 1?

I suspect, most people will really need it when travelling. You should consider joining TOCO (Tesla Owners Club of Ontario) and have access to borrow it for up to two weeks as a member. @Jgdixon

Reactions: Stirfry
I bought it via the website, doesn't seem like it's on the app. I can't buy a second one though - I guess they capped it to 1?
I’m having the exact same issue. We have two vehicles that are both compatible now. Before we bought the second Tesla I was able to buy my CCS adapter but now trying to buy a second one for the new vehicle when I get transferred to the app from the browser it’s not letting me even see the adapter.

Edit: I went to tesla.com on my phone browser and clicked on display desktop website. Doing that now lets me complete the purchase using the phone browser. Weird.