Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So glad I ordered and received mine last month when it was a straight CC transaction.

Me too. I eventually purchased two. I figured that the gravy train would end eventually.

Many thanks to all the clever people in Korea and North America who figured it all out and supplied adapters to so many of us at reasonable prices.

hmm - I purchased the S3XY case:

Here is what it looks like: (pink looking thing)

View attachment 828650
If you look on harumio's listing for just the case, there's pictures of the spacer being used with the CCS1 adapter:
1658009869991.png
1658009911538.png

Does the adapter really stick out that much? I really wish I was able to get the adapter + the case, the case looks sweet (but not $45 sweet) and the adapter is pretty much unavailable as of now

Just under 2 weeks ago I began to look into purchasing the CCS combo 1 adapter for my 2021 Model Y directly from Tesla in South Korea. It arrived today after 13 days since my original contact with Tesla SK. I set up an account with a company called Delivered Korea Delivered Korea | Shop Korea, Ship Worldwide | Free Korean Address and then with my VPN set to South Korea and some strugles with web browsers and Google Translate I was able to log into my Tesla account in South Korea and place the order with delivery to my new Korean address provided by Delivered Korea. The package forwarding company, Delivered Korea was great to deal with and the language difference was not an issue. The total cost including the CCS adapter, fees, taxes, duties and shipping was just over $350.00 Can.
This is my first post on Tesla Motors CLub so I hope it was interesting. There were challenges along the way with this purchase but I am happy to have this additional charging option. It seems that the CCS adapter isn't anywhere close to being available in Canada in the near future.
What was the cost to use this forwarding company? I don't see them charging a fee. It is cheaper than using harumio.. although more work.

Residential rates have not increased for PSE customers in WA, but have proposed ~20% increase over 3 years, with the largest step coming naturally coming first, if approved. We are still on almost 50% fossil fuel here
so clearly investments are needed to get off the coal and gas.

My guess, SC rates increased because the market will bear it, simple as that.

Attachments

• 85A5089D-514A-4C57-8F3D-D2777EE12197.jpeg
    85A5089D-514A-4C57-8F3D-D2777EE12197.jpeg
    896.5 KB · Views: 41
  • AF39EAFE-7104-4ED0-80E5-37AC51B170DF.jpeg
    AF39EAFE-7104-4ED0-80E5-37AC51B170DF.jpeg
    522.9 KB · Views: 39
Residential rates have not increased for PSE customers in WA, but have proposed ~20% increase over 3 years, with the largest step coming naturally coming first, if approved. We are still on almost 50% fossil fuel here
so clearly investments are needed to get off the coal and gas.

My guess, SC rates increased because the market will bear it, simple as that.
PSE actually applied for a moderate increase already last year:
New Puget Sound Energy customer rates start Oct. 1

PSE also has rate increases for many categories starting May 2022 (other than residential, which will see a small rate decrease, which is offset a bit by other charges):
https://www.pse.com/-/media/Project...1204944&hash=C3E3264D937443C1EF9EF8FA22FDE7A3

Tesla would be caring most about commercial rates, which seems to be increasing everywhere. It may not necessarily be easy to find all of them for the utilities. Tesla may also be preparing for oncoming increases (which PUCs will typically give advanced notice of if you dig), adjusting for previous increases they may not have increased in step, and adjusting for increased maintenance costs due to inflation.

Reactions: Genie
I thought the issue with Tesla (and other EV charger) rates going up was the demand charges going up, probably in response to the power companies discovering how demandy (is that a word? Did I just coin it?) EV charging is. No one is charging at 6 pm and then the rates go down and EVERYONE and their brothers show up at the chargers to get the lower rates... It's now 9am to 10pm peak hours in my neighborhood. :eek:

I think the power companies hope to force EV chargers to install rate shaving battery packs so they get a little more reliable demand, a little less like Doc Brown trying to power up a Time-Delorean.

No one is charging at 6 pm and then the rates go down and EVERYONE and their brothers show up at the chargers to get the lower rates... It's now 9am to 10pm peak hours in my neighborhood

You are falling down the hole of conspiracy crapola. EV fast charging is a small fraction of peak load. For a much better answer, take a peek at your thermometer.

Last edited: